• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dodgedoc

Mar 8, 2009
    poor show. I overheard two different vendors tell someone that most of the stuff was at the Chantilly show. Oh well maybe next time.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Attended this morning for a bit with my son. I still haven't figured why they had folks directing traffic on the parking lot....had not seen that before.

The show was nowhere near as crowded some of the more recent Timonium shows. There were clearly a lot less vendors then in shows past.....there were also a lot more vendors selling non-gun related items...as others pointed out there were no real deals.

Did by some ammo because we were going to try out the FreeState range in the afternoon and had to buy ammo somewhere.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    went today, saw a lot of cool stuff. a lot, if not most, was overpriced as stated, but i still had a good time just walking around. it was a decent way to spend a rainy afternoon.

dneidFIST

Mar 14, 2011
    Columbia
    Went there around 3. Left with 100rds of cheap 9mm to shoot out of a new pistol I'm picking up in a week. Was hoping to look at some optics but, like the Frederick show, it was lacking anything resembling a good selection in that department.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    i managed to make it out there this afternoon, like everyone else i most of the stuff i saw was extremely overpriced. but i did happen to purchase a very nice 357 sig p226 from shooters discount so i guess it made the trip worth it.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Timonium was a let down. It's only worth going to if you're in the market for a Mosin Nagant and/or some sardine canned ammo.

Yeah, it was... The table in the back had a Hi-Point 9mm carbine, not for sale...just for show. Another one had the same gun for $375, which is 200 bucks overpriced!!! Even ammo was a ripoff... 7.62x54R was $120 for a 440 round can, online I can get it $85 shipped. Crappy VZ-58's were $400, total wash. I won't go to that show again...sad.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Ok, seriously someone needs to give us some insight on WHY dealers are still overpricing firearms at MD shows (with the exception of Shooters Discount)? When you go to PA shows prices are reasonable, but not here in MD shows. Goes to show you it's better to patronize the local guys and get surplus stuff and ammo at the shows. I think some vendors are fishing for newbs so they can beat em' our of some dollars.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Yeah, it was... The table in the back had a Hi-Point 9mm carbine, not for sale...just for show. Another one had the same gun for $375, which is 200 bucks overpriced!!!
    I saw that guy sell one of those $375 hi-point carbines. I think they were 45acp 4595 models, but not sure. Table was back on the left. That same guy had a 45 hi-point pistol for $275 and a C9. I asked how much on the C9 and he said "the same they're all $275) WTF?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Ok, seriously someone needs to give us some insight on WHY dealers are still overpricing firearms at MD shows (with the exception of Shooters Discount)? When you go to PA shows prices are reasonable, but not here in MD shows. Goes to show you it's better to patronize the local guys and get surplus stuff and ammo at the shows. I think some vendors are fishing for newbs so they can beat em' our of some dollars.

Seems to me that those dealers are more than happy to capitalize on the perception of the hysteria of the past few years... and perpetuate it at the same time??

OIFusaf

Feb 9, 2011
    classified
    Particle board stock, not AK parts.

its not meant to have ak parts, it is a totaly different system. it only resembels an ak from the out side. the stock , pistol grip and handguard are wood impregnated plastic. i just picked one up(side fold) and it is very simple and built very well. compared to my yugo m70 underfolder the vz sidefolder is much more comfortable on the shoulder. it is, beleive it or not, easier to work with than an ak.

kevin

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Particle board stock, not AK parts.

(1) Not an AK. Indigenous Czech design. Get over it.

(2) Synthetic (bakelite?), not particle board. Just like M16's have synthetic stocks. Get over it.

Bryan

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    First off to the guy who said vz58's are crappy obviously does not own one. There is nothing AK about the gun. All of the internals are different. They are awesome shooters. The only thing that is "CRAPPY" about them is the price on the mags and trying to locate mags for them. If you can get a nice vz58, I suggest you buy one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom