Assigned: 7/3/2023 @ 10:00PM
    Approved: 7/12/2023 @ 6:55AM
    In hand: 7/15/2023
    #23HGP-1738XX
    Never thought this day would come

Danimal619

May 31, 2023
    Edgewater
    Is this normal? I received an email 1 1/2 months after application was sent in and 33 days after application was accepted:

"The status of your application has changed from "Application Accepted" to "Assigned for Background Investigation." Your assigned background investigator will be contacting you to schedule the required in-person applicant interview to complete your investigation.The investigator may request additional information or documentation needed to complete your investigation".

It then said it could be an additional 30 days before they even contact me. Is that normal and no one has mentioned it or is MD starting some new effery?

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Is this normal? I received an email 1 1/2 months after application was sent in and 33 days after application was accepted:

"The status of your application has changed from "Application Accepted" to "Assigned for Background Investigation." Your assigned background investigator will be contacting you to schedule the required in-person applicant interview to complete your investigation.The investigator may request additional information or documentation needed to complete your investigation".

It then said it could be an additional 30 days before they even contact me. Is that normal and no one has mentioned it or is MD starting some new effery?

I'm in your boat.

06/27/2023 05:41 AM APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW
    06/29/2023 04:26 PM APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

Annnnnd nothing since.

EDIT:
    Ahh, i figured they'd email the entire time for the process.

RLS:
    If you hit print application, it sho

Application 23HGP0597xx
    Submitted: 06/27/2023
    Accepted: 06/29/2023
    NICS: 07/13/2023 (Checked via downloading the application and looking at the NICS date)
    Assigned:
    Approved:

Last edited:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

The “investigator” email is the same one (exact wording) as they were sending out back last August (2022).

Not everyone receives the email. Likely, due to some investigators clicking a “send” button and some not. And of the folks that got the email, only a very few received any contact from an investigator - mainly those that needed some further research regarding their background.

I never received a call from investigator nor were references contacted.

It looks like they are holding pretty level with an average of 45 days from Accepted to Approved.

RLS

Jul 19, 2023
    MD
    App#:23HGP0543XX
    Submit: 06/06/2023
    Accepted: 06/12/2023
    NICS: 06/14/2023
    Assigned: 07/14/2023
    Approved: 07/19/2023
    Permit#:23HGP-1756XX

clarencehenherder

MDS Supporter
    Aug 19, 2013
    Sussex County, Delaware
    In the interview, what kind of questions they ask?
    They have not been doing interviews anymore since the dropping of the “good and substantial reason” in July 2022. The interviews were mostly to establish IF the applicant satisfied that requirement

Since then the only interviews that I know of have been when questions arise in someones background check. Very few have been reported here over the last year.

The references to an interview in the MSP emails and website apparently are an artifact pre Bruen

wruiz2025

Jul 6, 2023
    Severn, MD
    They have not been doing interviews anymore since the dropping of the “good and substantial reason” in July 2022. The interviews were mostly to establish IF the applicant satisfied that requirement

Since then the only interviews that I know of have been when questions arise in someones background check. Very few have been reported here over the last year.

The references to an interview in the MSP emails and website apparently are an artifact pre Bruen
    That was my concern. Having to justify my intent. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom