• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Has this thread established a baseline timeframe yet? Asking for a friend....
    Seems to me it’s about a week to get accepted, about week to get nics almost exactly 30 days to get assigned then about week to get approved then a about a week to get the permit in hand

8 weeks give or take if everything is good

I am sure there are outliers and I am sure the state police and mga would like to use the full 90 days( I believe that’s the max but I could be wrong) but idk how they could explain it if push ever came to shove litigation wise

But again that’s just what I think

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Seems to me it’s about a week to get accepted, about week to get nics almost exactly 30 days to get assigned then about week to get approved then a about a week to get the permit in hand

8 weeks give or take if everything is good

I am sure there are outliers and I am sure the state police and mga would like to use the full 90 days( I believe that’s the max but I could be wrong) but idk how they could explain it if push ever came to shove litigation wise

But again that’s just what I think
    Yeh. It's basically turned into a congratulations! thread.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yeh. It's basically turned into a congratulations! thread.
    After all these years I am glad to congratulate folks for getting their permits from md. They/we should have been able to get them all along but this is md.

I really like seeing how it works and how weird things are for some folks and how others get theirs done faster for some reason

I think it’s a cool thread. But again that’s just what I think

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    People should still post their PERMIT number so we can get a rough idea of the numbers.
    23hgp-1426xx

I posted mine before but here it is again

Some folks, me included, started by posting our app number because it’s what we had

Is there a way to see the finished graph/ spreadsheet somewhere other than this thread? I may have missed how to find it

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    23hgp-1426xx

I posted mine before but here it is again

Some folks, me included, started by posting our app number because it’s what we had

Is there a way to see the finished graph/ spreadsheet somewhere other than this thread? I may have missed how to find it
    Nope. We have to wait until it is posted here.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Your permit number puts us over 100K since MDS started tracking last July(?). I believe the earliest is 042xxx. Mine was 047xxx.
    I am trying to get as many folks to take a class and get their permit as I can right now because I think some folks are holding off because they thing the mga is gonna screw permit holders over , and they will one way or another, and now some folks are saying it’s a waste of time and money getting their permits. We need to do all we can to get people to get permits

One way or another

But 100k is a hell of a start!!!!!

Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    After all these years I am glad to congratulate folks for getting their permits from md. They/we should have been able to get them all along but this is md.

I really like seeing how it works and how weird things are for some folks and how others get theirs done faster for some reason

I think it’s a cool thread. But again that’s just what I think
    I was congratulating people on getting their approval but I have switched to congratulating people on getting their permit in hand as delivery times seem inconsistent at best

Suppressed

MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2023
    Maryland
    Submitted - 01/30/2023
    Accepted - 02/03/2023
    NICS - 02/13/2023
    Assigned to Invest. - 03/13/2023
    Approved - 03/19/2023
    Permit In hand - 03/25/2023
    23HGP1429XX

I just got my permit in the mail and have already scanned it into my Pennsylvania permit application and submitted it.

Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    Submitted - 01/30/2023
    Accepted - 02/03/2023
    NICS - 02/13/2023
    Assigned to Invest. - 03/13/2023
    Approved - 03/19/2023
    Permit In hand - 03/25/2023
    23HGP1429XX

I just got my permit in the mail and have already scanned it into my Pennsylvania permit application and submitted it.
    Congrats Man! More Guns, More Safety, Let's arm the whole state!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom