• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    Ok, this is killing me! My accepted date was 12/15/2022 NICS was 1/11/2023. Still no approval yet!!! I know be patient, damn I'm trying...
    I know the feeling I when I was waiting for my approval I kept seeing people with similar acceptance or nics dates to me that had been approved and it drove me crazy. But in the end it wasn’t that much longer b4 I got mine.

Someone earlier mentioned the average from accepted to approved is about 45 days and I got mine on day 45. Looks like day 45 was Sunday for you just hang in there it will probably be soon.

now that I have been approved waiting for the card to arrive in the mail is worse torture than waiting for approval :tap:

DLEV1959

Dec 14, 2022
    Elkridge, Maryland
    I know the feeling I when I was waiting for my approval I kept seeing people with similar acceptance or nics dates to me that had been approved and it drove me crazy. But in the end it wasn’t that much longer b4 I got mine.

Someone earlier mentioned the average from accepted to approved is about 45 days and I got mine on day 45. Looks like day 45 was Sunday for you just hang in there it will probably be soon.

now that I have been approved waiting for the card to arrive in the mail is worse torture than waiting for approval :tap:
    Ok, i needed that reassurance! I will definitely let you know when that approval comes across.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Should we wait until we have it in hand so we can fill out all the fields? or can we update the Information as It becomes availabl?
    Update as available. mhazel will replace your previous with your update. So reenter all previous dates when you update.

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    Submitted - 01/15/2023
    Accepted - 01/19/2023
    NICS -
    Approved -
    Permit In hand -
    :

Submitted - 01/15/2023
    Accepted - 01/19/2023
    NICS - 01/31/2023
    Approved -
    Permit In hand -

I’ll update the doc as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Esox

May 16, 2015
    This was faster than I expected, given there was an error with the fingerprints and I had to re-apply.

Submitted - 12/31/2022
    Accepted - 01/07/2023
    NICS - 1/24/2023
    Approved - 02/02/2023
    #22HGP-139XXX

Updated with #

Last edited:

AndyP21502

Jan 20, 2023
    Cumberland
    Submitted 1/18/2023
    Accepted 1/23/2023

Based on all the other posts/replies I've seen, it appears that the process from beginning to end takes about 2 months? So, I won't be expecting to receive card in hand until middle to late March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom