• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    To all who still have pending apps, please be aware that the Maryland General Assembly (MGA) now has bills pending that, if passed, will make your ability to carry anywhere outside your home essentially meaningless in the state as of October 1. You've applied, and will likely have a permit in hand shortly, but there is still action needed to make that mean anything on October 2. Please consider becoming an MSI member, if you're not already. A call or email to your local state legislators to oppose the particularly anti 2A bills recently introduced and in front of us would also not be a bad idea.

If you need more information on what's headed our way, meander on over to the Maryland 2A forum.

Need an even quicker summary...

Last edited:

Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    Holy sh!t I'm dumb please don't be like me.
    I have been a member here for quite some time and a lurker even longer and the amount of information I get here is without a doubt not only the truth but accurate, the help I received by sometimes just doing a search, the steps that work based on what I'm looking for, permits, law interpretation, etc. is vast.

For those like me that didn't know how to contribute to this forum and keep it a great source of concise information all that's needed to help is donate as low as 10 dollars per year (more if you want, can)
    I apologize in advance if I'm breaking the forum rules by putting it out there.

I know I'm not obligated to tell an officer I'm carrying during a traffic stop but I FEEL obligated to tell everyone reading this message to help keep this space a great resource.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'll second joining MSI. They lead the way in fighting for the Constitutional rights of Marylanders. If you don't want to join, at least make a donation. It's the go-to place for information on what MGA is trying to ram down our throats. Not to mention the best how to guide to apply for a HGP.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) membership link:

Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) donation link:

Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) Home Page Link:

moose4

Jan 10, 2023
    Libertytown MD
    My wife just got approved:
    Submitted: 12/5
    Accepted: 12/12
    NICS: 1/9
    Approved: 1/13
    HQL Submitted: 1/13
    In hand: tbd
    HQL Approved: tbd
    32 days from Accept to Approve! Should I add to the spreadsheet now and edit later with in-hand date or just wait?

Wishmewell

Jan 3, 2023
    Maryland
    My wife just got approved:
    Submitted: 12/5
    Accepted: 12/12
    NICS: 1/9
    Approved: 1/13
    HQL Submitted: 1/13
    In hand: tbd
    HQL Approved: tbd
    32 days from Accept to Approve! Should I add to the spreadsheet now and edit later with in-hand date or just wait?
    Did you get approved for your hgp on the 13th?

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Only email I have received was to inform me application was accepted.
    This ‘should’ be the week I see an approval.
    Not everyone gets the “investigator” email. This has been true since the beginning of post-Bruen apps. Likely, one is only sent if your investigator clicks to send one.

Really, the only marker date that counts with regard to timing/estimating your approval is the “accepted” date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom