• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbb7

Sep 23, 2022
    USA
    Could you have mistyped your accepted date? The MSP was approving 8/4 on Thursday and just started on 8/5. An 8/7 approval is about 2-3 days early, which is unusual,
    Yes it is accurate and correct which is why I mentioned being an outlier.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A gun training company. Not only did get owner shoot himself, he got caught cutting corners in his training classes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flintstone

Jan 1, 2013
    Perry Hall MD
    Also, this is a fitting time to say I'm washing my hands of tracking data at this point.

We've got a pretty solid idea as to how this process works. Those that know and are interested can find the data themselves.

If someone else is interested in picking up the project, I'll be happy to help with a handoff of what I have.

Good luck, folks.
    I have to admit, I have not followed this thread too closely since my permit arrived. Thanks for tracking all this time, it was very helpful.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    i dont think the app # matters either im 22HGP0563** and still nothing
    It does not. The app number was created when you submitted. The only date that has an appearance of mattering is the accepted date. The app number gives a general ideal of the quantity of apps submitted, not approved.
    The permit number gives us an idea of how many have been issued.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    All these comments belong in the Application Banter thread this thread is for posting data only. If in doubt see post number 1.

"This thread is for gathering information to make tracking of the progress of applications through the system easier please use other threads for questions, comments, and petty bickering. The rest who are willing post your information and dates and I am sure our number crunchers will generate some statistics and averages to help track progress."

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It does not. The app number was created when you submitted. The only date that has an appearance of mattering is the accepted date. The app number gives a general ideal of the quantity of apps submitted, not approved.
    The permit number gives us an idea of how many have been issued.
    It only indicated the number of Applications that have been started, not necessarily submitted some never get submitted. It also gives an indication when the process was started but it may be weeks, months, and in at least one case years between when a app was started and when it was finally completed and submitted.

CrabbyTurtle

Dec 23, 2020
    2A First
    Looks like they're working today.
    APPROVED!!!
    Submitted 7/27
    Accepted 8/04
    NICS 9/10
    Approved 9/24 (woulda been yesterday but I had to resubmit one doc)
    22HGP0270**

One good thing about all this waiting was visiting this site more and speaking with like minded individuals. Thank you all!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It only indicated the number of Applications that have been started, not necessarily submitted some never get submitted. It also gives an indication when the process was started but it may be weeks, months, and in at least one case years between when a app was started and when it was finally completed and submitted.
    Correct, my bad. I meant started.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't agree my app # is 22HGP0563** and I haven't heard shit date accepted 8-5 that's slacking if you ask me I'm pretty much at 2 months.
    2 Months is about what it's taking right now. With an 8/5 accept date you should hear something any day

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    2 Months is about what it's taking right now. With an 8/5 accept date you should hear something any day
    Maybe end of today, possibly tomorrow. Probably by Monday. Almost certainly Tuesday at the latest.

Looking at people's acceptance dates, there are a couple of 8/5s approved late yesterday it looks like. Mostly 8/4s though. And they do fewer on the weekends, so I'd be surprised if they did more than just get started on some 8/5s before Monday.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Nope not yet. I originally submitted 7/29 but my score card didn't upload so I had to resubmit. They accepted 8/12 haven't heard anything else yet

You should both see NICS any day now. Actually pretty surprised you haven't yet with an 8/12 acceptance date.
    I got mine on 9/16 and have 8/8 acceptance date.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Looks like they're working today.
    APPROVED!!!
    Submitted 7/27
    Accepted 8/04
    NICS 9/10
    Approved 9/24 (woulda been yesterday but I had to resubmit one doc)
    22HGP0270**

One good thing about all this waiting was visiting this site more and speaking with like minded individuals. Thank you all!

When did you have to resubmit a document? Was it AFTER your actual acceptance date?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Nope not yet. I originally submitted 7/29 but my score card didn't upload so I had to resubmit. They accepted 8/12 haven't heard anything else yet
    Are you expecting the MSP to notify you? That is not how it works. Go over to the Banter thread and post your complaints there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom