• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    we have to be soon I would think
    I know about 5-6 others with early august accepted still waiting for nics hhhmmm?
    here is mine

HGP: Application 22HGP0221xx Status Update​

08/04/2022 02:49 PM​

APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW

HGP: Application 22HGP0221xx Status Update​

07/30/2022 02:13 PM​

APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    I dont think so. I have a low app number, 16xxx. Started app 6/25, submitted 7/10 and was accepted 7/21. Some people that were also accepted on 7/21 have been approved already, I doubt they have a lower app #. Idk why it took them so long to accept my app. I should of had my permit 2 weeks ago. They need to be going by submission date not accepted.
    Oh I agree there's still a LOT of outliers.

Didn't mean to suggest it was a hard/fast rule... but just one factor that may be contributing to SOME of the "out of order" inconsistencies.

I know when myself and some co-workers divide and conquer, someone starts at the beginning, someone starts at the end, and we work towards each other. Doubt that specific thing is happening here, but trooper A may get apps 1-1000, trooper B 1001-2000, trooper C 2001-3000, etc.

I am sure there was no real preparation done to gear up for this massive surge of applications, so they are probably just doing the best they can with what they have.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    *edited for clarity, need more coffee*

Just a casual observation:

Seems to me that the "Date Submitted" matters less than the "Application Number" when it comes to an application being accepted. Seen lots of evidence of people with low application numbers who submitted weeks after starting being "accepted" before people who submitted earlier but with a much higher application number.

My guess is the process has been going something like this:
    -Troopers go through the applications in ascending application number and check if all info/materials are present
    - If application checks out, applications are then marked as "Accepted" and then moved into a different queue.

Once in "accepted" status, the progress seems to be more linear.
    Not true. My application number was 16XXX (started on 6/23). I submitted on 7/10, but wasn't accepted until 7/21. Clean record and HQL from years ago.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Thank you to 308 Scout and Boondock Saint for compiling all the data, and thanks to those sharing data and info.

ksy95

Mar 11, 2013
    Submitted: 9JUL22
    Accepted: 21JUL22 (CJIS system error, so it took some time to resolve)
    NICS: 12AUG22
    Approved: 26AUG22

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    We are seeing one of the two things I hoped to see today: 7/21 acceptance and -053xxx permit numbers.

Go 053! If you get a permit with that no, report in.

RavensFlock1022

Aug 22, 2022
    Arbutus
    my suspicion is that this will become the norm. No point in running NICS until the application is within a week or so of approval.
    In that case they should be moving rather swiftly, because mine was accepted 7/28, NICS 8/24. By that logic, I should be approved next week. Not holding my breath though, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom