• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    yeah, same as me, I might be looking at a total of 60 days to get my permit.
    Mine is;
    Submitted 7/29
    Accepted 8/3
    And nothing else yet. I totally understand frustration but I look at it this way, 5 months ago I wouldn't even waste the $75 to try and get a permit. Now it's just a matter of time and we will have them. This thread has been fun watching everyone get theres.

GX13Y6

Aug 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    22HGP029###
    Started Jul.09.2022
    Submitted Jul.16.2022

Accepted Jul.19.2022
    NICS Aug.06.2022

NO investigators assigned/interview/references contacted.

Approved Aug.24.2022
    Permit in hand Aug.29.2022
    PA permit Approved Sep.06.2022 (1st business day after submitting, York County)

Last edited:

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Application #48742
    Submitted 8/24/22
    Delayed 8/29/22 (stupid here forgot to sign the training certificate)
    Accepted 8/31/22

Last edited:

RLTW

Napalm sticks to kids
    Inregards to the bolded areas, the agencies involved in NICS; HGP; HQL, etc. DO NOT HAVE ACCESS to clearance information. This has been an old wives tale for years now. I spent the better part of my Fed career working Personnel Security and adjudicating clearance issues. For the FBI to obtain access to your clearance file (unless you're an FBI employee) they need a federal warrant. Same goes for any other government agency EXCEPT for the agency that granted your clearance.
    Delays in NICS very often are because your name is similar or the same as a criminal. Use SSN when doing 4473 and this tends to resolve itself.
    I held TS clearance with numerous additional accesses my entire military and .gov careers. NEVER had a delay.
    JMHO

Yeah the first time I got delayed I was confused and started trying to think of reasons why I coulda been and a guy passing by inquired about a clearance and thats where I heard that. And I had previously NOT been putting my SSN on the 4473 because im generally vigilant and superprotective of my PII, something I will start doing from now on. So I did a search on Maryland Judiciary's website and as it turns out.......yep, theres someone with the same first and last name as me that has quite the criminal record, including several domestic convictions. And in some of the cases his middle name wasn't listed and the only way to differentiate is by the DOB or home address. He even seems to live within 20 minutes of me also.

A buddy of mine that works @ NSA told me that it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider getting a UPIN which might speed things up in the future?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    app submitted late friday 8/19
    app accepted wed 8/24
    Nics _________

funny, well actually, not - penna nonresident submitted online monday afternoon and ISSUED today, TWO days!

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Maryland if it got its act together. One could use the Wear and Carry permit to replace Nics.

My Texas permit bypasses the Nics check for the purpose of buying a firearm in Texas.

Maryland should do the same thing.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    People are getting an “investigator” email? Is that from the standard electronic system? Or something else?

System generated email. It states investigator will contact for interview, provides name and email address of assigned investigator, and to contact investigator via email if not contacted within 30 days.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Update:
    Submitted: 7/15
    Accepted: 7/27
    NICS: 8/22
    Assigned to Inv: 8/24

(updated for investigator)

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Maryland if it got its act together. One could use the Wear and Carry permit to replace Nics.

My Texas permit bypasses the Nics check for the purpose of buying a firearm in Texas.

Maryland should do the same thing.
    LOL, why it makes their HQL useless, HQL is just a license saying its OK to buy a regulated firearm no actually reduced waiting or anything, just MDs version of a hall pass....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom