• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Did you start and submit today?
    I started yesterday approx 6:30pm and submitted today approx 1:15pm and my number is 22HGP0607XX
    meaning it appears the number is generated at some point once the app is started
    if it is true that you started and submitted today.
    Yes, I started the app yesterday morning, and finished it up a few hours later. Definitely same day start/submit.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Seems like at least the folks who submitted early on really do have a reasonable wait time. Here's hoping that the pace keeps up even after the influx of applications later in the game.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Seems like at least the folks who submitted early on really do have a reasonable wait time. Here's hoping that the pace keeps up even after the influx of applications later in the game.
    Unfortunately I don't think it will.

Based on numbers MSP shared last night, there have been about 25k applications submitted, 18k accepted, and only 6k approved. They are still hiring and training people. Training MSP staff itself takes a week.

They are getting 800 apps/day. So far they've been able to approve 200/day.

People only got serious about booking training after 7/5, which means the real tsunami started mid to late month. The short approval times probably encouraged a lot more people.

I do think that a lot of late July and August submitters will be waiting 60 days.

The good news: they confirmed that if you have a "squeaky clean" record (which Pickle said is most people) they basically push those through and don't call references etc. They have "tiers" of investigation.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018

Based on numbers MSP shared last night, there have been about 25k applications submitted, 18k accepted, and only 6k approved. They are still hiring and training people. Training MSP staff itself takes a week.

People only got serious about booking training after 7/5, which means the real tsunami started mid to late month. The short approval times probably encouraged a lot more people.

I do think that a lot of late July and August submitters will be waiting 60 days.
    Some good data there, thanks for sharing.

60 days to me is less than ideal, but I've not been able to carry in MD for many years now, so a couple more months is do-able I guess.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Submitted 7/16
    Accepted 7/19
    NICS 8/4

:thumbsup:
    Application number is 22HGP028***
    Started it on 7/8/22 (when it was given a number)
    Submitted the complete application on 7/8/22
    Received the auto generated "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review" email on 7/8/22
    Received the application accepted notification 9:13 AM 7/19/22
    NICS number assigned 08/04/22

I received the application has been assigned to an investigator ...............
    My interview was held .............
    My wife was contacted .............
    1st Reference contacted ..............
    2nd Reference contacted ..............
    3rd Reference contacted .........

submitted 07/07/2022
    accepted 07/19/2022
    NICS 08/04/2022
    22HGP0277XX
    Application #22HGP0264XX submitted 7/7/2022 @ 1531
    DD-214 Member 4 copy
    Accepted 07/19/2022 @ 1127
    NICS 08/05/2022 @ 0935
    All above submitted on or after day I submitted (7/7), all approved same day I was (7/19), all except me have gotten NICS numbers.

jim

MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2015
    My application is finally progressing... here is where I am at:

Application submitted: 2022-07-17 16:07
    Put on hold: 2022-07-28 12:11
    Issue address, resubmitted: 2022-07-28 14:15
    Application accepted: 2022-08-05 09:26
    NICS number assigned:
    Assigned to investigator:
    Application approved:
    Card in hand:

Anyone know when the NICS number is applied and how to find it?

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD

Application submitted:
    2022-07-17 16:07

Put on hold:
    2022-07-28 12:11

Issue address, resubmitted:
    2022-07-28 14:15

Application accepted:
    2022-08-05 09:26

NICS number assigned:
    Application approved:
    Card in hand:

Click on print application to view PDF, it will be at the top of the page if you have one assigned where it says NICS #, higher up the thread 308 has a chart that'll show times on average for ppl

Larry999

Jul 27, 2022
    Baltimore County

Application submitted: 2022-07-17 16:07
    Put on hold: 2022-07-28 12:11
    Issue address, resubmitted: 2022-07-28 14:15
    Application accepted: 2022-08-05 09:26
    NICS number assigned:
    Application approved:
    Card in hand:

From the data a few members had been posted it’s about 15 days from acceptance to when a nics number is giving to your application.

I have submitted mine the same date as you 7-17 was accepted on the 28th.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    All above submitted on or after day I submitted (7/7), all approved same day I was (7/19), all except me have gotten NICS numbers.
    It should be soon. I'm still wondering how mine was accepted in 3 days when it usually takes a week.

After acceptance they all seem to track together.

Good luck. Hope you get it today

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    PSA:

You cannot wear or carry your firearm to the mailbox to pick up your permit, which you know is there because you have checked informed delivery 37 times and stalked the mail deliverer.

But you can wear and carry it back.
    My mailbox is on my property. I’ll just have to give my mailbox a reach around so I don’t step on to the public road until my permit is in hand.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    State & county roads have well-defined 'right-of-ways' (ROW) that can be up to 50 feet from the road's centerline, sometimes more. Roads vary in their ROW width, so one would have to view a plat to know for sure. These right-of-ways extend out from the pavement to encompass sidewalks and power/commo lines/poles and can be further into your yard than what is obvious.

Buff7mm, is mail delivery even running today? I heard it was some kind of holiday. :evilwhip:
    If it matters, the ROW does not extend on to my property (I have the plat in hand). There is an easement on the back of my property and along other borders for flood and utility respectively. But not ROW.

J.R.

Jun 24, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    DD214
    22HGP0180xx
    Submitted 07/06/22
    Assigned to Investigator 07/16/22 (email notification)
    NICS 08/01/22 (no email notification...and I am okay with that)
    Approved - tbd
    Card In Hand - tbd

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If you have a common name like I do and/or it's the same as a prohibited person in the system expect it to take longer than normal. I can include SSN, copies of my current permits, etc. and it's still an unusual delay. No matter how advanced the technology is people will still be people.
    I am changing my last name and my kids names to make it easier for them.

New names will be, in age order, Grab Arnold Gun (Grab A. Gun)

Baakup Gun

And

Anita Gun

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

The good news: they confirmed that if you have a "squeaky clean" record (which Pickle said is most people) they basically push those through and don't call references etc. They have "tiers" of investigation.
    And I’d imagine apps per day will continue going up. More people becoming trainers as more trainers adding dates. I think it is going to be at least a month or two before apps per day peaks and it might start relaxing. Heck, it might be a few more months before it starts dropping.

I was 7/29 submission. I’ll be thrilled if I get approved by the end of September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom