• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Hell I cant believe how Happy I am just get my NICS number. Like hitting a big scratch off ticket!!!

Firetick1

Jul 22, 2020
    Submitted: 8/24/2022
    Accepted: 8/29/2022
    NICS:10/25/2022
    Approved:
    In Hand:
    I’d be curious to know a round about application number from the 8/29’s. I realize that it’s based on when you actually started it but I feel most didn’t start till they finished their training. It will give some an idea of how far away they are from seeing NICS. Like myself I’m a 9/1 with application # 798xx so I can’t be that far off.

jnickle25

Oct 24, 2022
    Maryland
    I’d be curious to know a round about application number from the 8/29’s. I realize that it’s based on when you actually started it but I feel most didn’t start till they finished their training. It will give some an idea of how far away they are from seeing NICS. Like myself I’m a 9/1 with application # 798xx so I can’t be that far off.
    I started and submitted my application on 8/26. It was accepted on 8/29. Got my nics on 10/24. Application # 782xx

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Application # 725XX - I started it just before the class (getting the account set up, doing some basic demographics) and finished on the 24th, originally got an acceptance on the 26th or something, that was then changed to the 29th. At least that is what I remember happening.

Tim102

Oct 17, 2022
    Fallston
    I have a question, I went in to look at my application and noticed that I flip-flopped some numbers in my social security number. I’ve been waiting about 55 days to get to an investigator. What happens now?

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    I have a question, I went in to look at my application and noticed that I flip-flopped some numbers in my social security number. I’ve been waiting about 55 days to get to an investigator. What happens now?

If they're not blowin' you up to verify it, I wouldn't worry about it. YMMV I guess though.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park

I’m 709 with my being accepted 8/29 and submitted 8/25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    I’m 709 with my being accepted 8/29 and submitted 8/25

I'm 509xx but I started mine at beginning of August and it took a while to finish the class (I was able to do mine over zoom thankfully), drive up to Fairfax for the live fire training at NRA Range, and drive in to Maryland and do my fingerprints on site...

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So I just looked at mine and it has a nics# with todays date under the application date. Does that mean I got the nics update?

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Indeed sir

The last charge of Rondeezy and his immortals

giphy.gif

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky