• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    So I just noticed in my application that I missed my unit# out of my address, I emailed MSP Licensing and notified them and requested they amend it. Does anyone have any insight as to if it can be amended?

Also, would this delay me by a massive amount? I'm not at the stage of it being mailed out yet so I wouldn't assume so.

Submitted: 8/5/2022

Accepted: 8/10/2022

Assigned to investigator: Nothing yet

Approved: Nothing yet

Received in mail: Nothing yet
    I emailed them asking to add some documentation and they did for me

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    LowPermit# 454xx swinokur
    HighPermit# 615xx leobreakerprime

LowApp# 076xx Texasgrillchef
    HighApp# 90xxx FrankZ

AcceptedDateCurrentlyGettingNICS - DateOfNICS
    8/09 - 9/18 PEEJAY
    8/10 - 9/13 (outlier of some sort, I think)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I thought I would start keeping track of the start date when the MSP starts working on approving applications for a particular "acceptance date". Remember the MSP approves many applications that don't show up on this forum, the change could happen at anytime on the date reported and I will ignore the occasional outlier so I will post the date when we see several reports and post the next start date when we get several reports from the next day. Over time you should be able to better estimate how long it will take to get to approving your particular acceptance date.

8/1 started 9/14 @ 7:07 PM
    8/2 started 9/16 @ 11:06 PM
    8/3 started 9/19 @ 3:30 PM
    8/4 started
    8/5 started
    8/6 started
    8/7 started
    So it took six days to clear two accepted dates or an average of three days per date. To small a sample size to make firm predictions however it is in line with some estimates done earlier.

If you want to know when to expect your approval I would count the number of calendar days from the date accepted that the MSP is currently approving and your date accepted.
    Take the number of calendar days and multiply it by two for the early estimate and multiply by three for the long estimate.

For example if you were accepted today 9/19 and they are currently approving 8/3 accepted applications that means there are 48 calendar days between those dates.
    So the low estimate is 2 X 48 = 96 days
    And the High estimate is 3 X 48 = 144 days

As we gather more data we can refine those numbers and there is always a chance the MSP will continue to make improvements in processing times.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So it took six days to clear two accepted dates or an average of three days per date. To small a sample size to make firm predictions however it is in line with some estimates done earlier.

If you want to know when to expect your approval I would count the number of calendar days from the date accepted that the MSP is currently approving and your date accepted.
    Take the number of calendar days and multiply it by two for the early estimate and multiply by three for the long estimate.

For example if you were accepted today 9/19 and they are currently approving 8/3 accepted applications that means there are 48 calendar days between those dates.

As we gather more data we can refine those numbers and there is always a chance the MSP will continue to make improvements in processing times.
    Dates following a weekend tend to have the bigger back log. Those that submit on say 7/31 will range on acceptance from 7/31 to 8/8

USCG_Dave

Aug 14, 2022
    Abingdon

With that being said, what day are we assuming they are assigning investigators to or NICS currently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom