• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I've grown up my entire life with guns in the house, so I'm very familiar with the weapons that my dad owned and I know how to handle myself around firearms. However, I only have any legitimate and lengthy experience with those specific firearms, which were mostly for hunting (a few rifles, several shotguns, and one 9mm sig).

I was wondering if any of you whose firearms cup runneth over would be willing to show me about different types of firearms that I'm not as familiar with. I'm mainly talking about AR's and other rifles and various handguns of all types. I've done a lot of research and reading, but I'm sure you all know that it's best to learn by doing. Now that I'm more settled with a little disposable income I'd really like to start getting into firearms more seriously, and would love to know my stuff when it comes time for me to buy. I'm the kind of guy that likes to have no doubts about a purchase.

I ask this because I've seen several people on the forum generously offer for other members to try out different firearms, and I would love to take advantage of such an opportunity and the knowledge that comes along with it. If anyone is willing to show me a thing or two and just meet up and allow me to pick their brain it would be AWESOME! I live in Westminster and frequent Haps Baker with my Glock but am also in A.A. county (for work) all the time. I'd be more than willing to pay for any range fees, ammo costs, and beer afterwards to show my appreciation.

Thanks in advanced, guys!

MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    I've got a couple of ARs. One good one, and one OK one. I know almost enough on the platform now that I can tell you the difference between the two. If you're willing to pay for your ammo we can mess with the guns until we run out of targets.

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    Do yourself a favor, get with Ed Shell.We spent a day together.It was the most valuable time for marksmanship.If a impartial observer ,can go from gun fit out to 600 yards in one day,brother that is money well spent.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I would look into joining Arlington Rifle and Pistol club. We have 2 shoots a month on different ranges. Pistol, shotgun, rifle, & 200 yrd shoots. These shoots are more of a show and tell type with club members letting other club members shoot there guns. We have several club guns as well.

Take a look at our web site

www.arlingtonrpc.org

If there is something you want to try I am sure a club member has one and will let you shoot it. Just bring ammo

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club is much like Arlington (and some other AGC clubs). I would suggest that you check Monumental, Arlington and Garrison over at the AGC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom