• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    it's on my list of "things I need to learn how to do".

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    I use sticky tape to catch fly's in the house and it's a proven method.. I kid :) Is the place you go fishing fly only? Or can you user spinning gear as well? I have not been fly fishing in years.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Wish I could but this weekend is not good, I'm not expert but I've done a bit of trout and smallmouth fishing with a fly rod.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    I'll be fly fishing at Green Ridge state park this weekend. Good luck. I hear they stocked the patapsco river a week or two ago. Goldens and rainbows from what I was told.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    a fellow named Ash at Rockville Trading post taught me to flyfish, on the grass in front of the shop, in '83 or so..

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    I learned about 10 years ago and fished in Yellowstone on several trips, but lost interest. I've been thinking of selling my fly rod and reel if anyone decides they want to take it up. I have waders and felt soled boots too, though I think the felt is discouraged now.

Anyone interested, shoot me a PM and I'll dig the stuff out to see what brand/model the rod and reel are.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    a fellow named Ash at Rockville Trading post taught me to flyfish, on the grass in front of the shop, in '83 or so..
    Same here:thumbsup:
    I learned about 10 years ago and fished in Yellowstone on several trips, but lost interest. I've been thinking of selling my fly rod and reel if anyone decides they want to take it up. I have waders and felt soled boots too, though I think the felt is discouraged now.

Anyone interested, shoot me a PM and I'll dig the stuff out to see what brand/model the rod and reel are.

Felt is banned in MD waters as of Jan 1, 2012.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

I thought he worked at S-Mart :lol2: Does anyone here ever go to Big Hunting Creek? I miss that place. When I used to live in Ashburn, the drive was about an hour to get there. Now I live further south, it's two hours.

dneidFIST

Mar 14, 2011
    Columbia
    I have to get new waders and boots but my rod and reel look brand new. It's been several years since I've been fly fishing but I'd like to get back. I'm pretty proud of my rod - I built it as a teenager with a guy that ran a fly fishing shop out of the Savage Mill "mall" or whatever you call it. That shop went under years ago though.

Where are some good places to fly fish around Howard County? I'll do some google searching about it but I figured I might as well ask on here anyway.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Does anyone here ever go to Big Hunting Creek? I miss that place. When I used to live in Ashburn, the drive was about an hour to get there. Now I live further south, it's two hours.
    I went there a million times - tough to catch trout there. Patuxent has some, and Morgan's Run off 97 WAS KILLER for me in the 80's.
    I mainly flyfish for smallmouth now, from my canoe.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    When I lived in Laurel in the late 90's I used to fish the Patuxent near Savage Mill. Just park near the bridge and walk upstream. Loads of folks there around this time of year when they're stocking it. Just keep walking For a ways until you have the river to yourself. There's fish in there. If I can catch them anyone can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom