Anyone want some knock-off CATs for training?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Sportsman's Guide had what seemed like a reasonable deal on Combat Application Tourniquets. The pictures of the tourniquets looked like earlier generation NAR CATs, and they even had a picture of a North American Rescue Gen 7 CAT applied to a leg in a demonstration. I got busy and never opened the box when they arrived. I got around to it today and it's well past the return window date. They're unfortunately Chinese knock-offs that will likely fail and kill you in an emergency situation. They'd be okay for training though. If anyone's interested, let me know. I've got 6 of them, 5 of which are still in the packaging with the "Engrish" instruction page.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    How much? We currently only have 1 for demo in class.

Mark
    Free. I'll give you 4 of the 6 I have. PM me your address and I'll ship them free of charge

I'd love one. We can meet. I'm in MoCo too.

Sure thing, I can mail one free of charge if we can't find a good time to meet up

That leaves 1 more, free to whomever would like it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Free. I'll give you 4 of the 6 I have. PM me your address and I'll ship them free of charge

Sure thing, I can mail one free of charge if we can't find a good time to meet up

That leaves 1 more, free to whomever would like it.
    I'm off all weekend. I can come to you. Just name a place and time.

...and thank you!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm off all weekend. I can come to you. Just name a place and time.

...and thank you!
    No problem, I'll have to see how the weekend pans out. But can probably make something work tomorrow or Sunday (though it is Mothers' Day on Sunday so I've got to make sure the wife (mother of my son) is taken care of). ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No problem, I'll have to see how the weekend pans out. But can probably make something work tomorrow or Sunday (though it is Mothers' Day on Sunday so I've got to make sure the wife (mother of my son) is taken care of). ;)
    Roger that. Let me know.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Gents, I got pulled away to PA for a good chunk of the week. I'm taking Friday off, so I'll send them all out then. Again, no charge. Use these for practice, to teach, and to show people the difference between a REAL NAR CAT and a knockoff so that they know what to look for. That's payment enough as it may save a life down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom