• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've learned to trust only three brands of mags for the 1911...genuine Colt (regardless of vendor to them)...Wilson Combat...and Chip McCormick's Shooting Star which is now owned by Wilson Combat. I'm sure there's others I haven't tried that are good but these I own and never had issues with.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My go to mags are Metalform and CMC Powermag. Kimber Promags have worked. I use Mecgar…I like them.

The least represented demographic in my 1911 magazine population is Wilson Combat with 5…three of which are 10 rounders. In my experience WC mags have never proven to be the wonder mag I hear of.

If a 10 round 45 1911 magazine is a sound design one cannot over insert ot and damage the ejector. There will be a stop somewhere on the lower portion of the mag to prevent overinsertion. It is possible to hog out the magwell and defeat a place on the mag where prevention of over insertion is built. If the large sleeve at the bottom is taken off some may over insert.

Last edited:

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I have pro mags for my RIA1911. It worked great for me. But then it’s for my RIA1911 which is total trash to many

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom