• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I am not a fan of the mechanical broadheads, not sure other than I have only ever used fixed broadheads. Plus they seem like a little more work, but then again that is just me. I have been looking at the mechanicals lately and the T3 looks pretty interesting. Has anyone here used them, or know if they are even legal here in the "Great" state of Md?

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I am not a fan of the mechanical broadheads, not sure other than I have only ever used fixed broadheads. Plus they seem like a little more work, but then again that is just me. I have been looking at the mechanicals lately and the T3 looks pretty interesting. Has anyone here used them, or know if they are even legal here in the "Great" state of Md?

I have used them and they work well on the Whitetail I have shot with them. Mine came with practice blades and the hunting blades both fly the same. Makes a large wound channel and haven't have a failure to deploy. You can pretty much forget about reusing the broad head if it hit a bone or rock after it leaves the deer but they work great for me.

I am pretty sure they are legal, haven't heard anything to the contrary.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    if you get them,pay attention to how the little clips go on the bottom to hold the blades. i have no real experience with them but heard they act funny if you dont put them on right.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    NAP Spitfires are better imo. No clips or special tricks to retain the blades. They are ridiculously simple and just plain work. I killed 3 deer last year with the exact same broadhead. Only thing I did was take the blades off, clean them and run them over a stone to resharpen.

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    I had a weird event with the G5 T3. Crossbow shot at 8 yards, right behind the shoulder, broadside, standing. Textbook shot.
    The arrow took a left turn and went through the guts, missing the far lung.

Found the deer too late to recover any meat, but did verify what happened.

I've never had that happen with a Rocket Steelhead.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I have shot 2 deer with the T3 broad heads and recovered both of them. I am going to use them this season also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom