Anyone Use a LimbSaver Sharpshooter X-Ring Barrel Dampenerr?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not sure what the exact mechanism is for the dampener other than it changes the POI by trial and error. I don't think this is too good to be true in that it works for a very specific set of parameters and you may have to shoot a lot of ammo to determine where that sweet spot is. And I am sure it will vary by ammo choice and hell - may even vary by outside temperature. So we'll see how practical it is in the end.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For a Savage, in my experiences, simple is the best approach.

Quality stock, consistent torque values on the action screws, and a quality barrel (if you want to go down the rabbit hole some more). I have yet to bed ANY Savage I've owned, and they could still deliver better results than I was capable of repeating. Really, those 3 simple steps - in addition to hand-loading, and you'll be damn impressed with the results you can achieve - when you can hold up your end of the deal.

The biggest inhibitor to accuracy (IMO), is invariably going to be the bag of meat yanking the trigger. We have good days, we have GREAT days, and not so good days.

**And for the love of god, pull your bolt/bolt handle before casing it/storing it - you can distort the barrel channel over time by leaving it in there. Distort the barrel channel enough, and now you're free-floated barrel has a contact spot with the channel/stock.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I believe the Browning Boss system works. It's a muzzle brake thing that you can adjust in or out with respect to the end of the barrel There are also barrel tuners which do the same thing.

I'm not sure how this rubber thing stays in the exact same spot while the barrel vibrates. I would think it would walk toward the end ot the barrel. I have a Burris scope ring mounting system with inserts that provide extra elevation. On a prairie dog hunt, my scope ends up rotating even though the ring screws are tight as I dare make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom