• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have a Laredo pellet smoker and trying to cook a Turkey on it this morning. It would purge and light and burn a few minutes and shut down. Code was ERL and saying loss of flame or pellet feed according to book. I was about to use the oven in the house and after fourth try it stayed on. This is my first time using a pellet smoker in cold weather. Any of you cooking on the pellet smokers today? Any Issues?

Hillbilly Funk

MDS Supporter
    Jun 19, 2021
    MoCo
    I use my recteq the other day to smoke a pork tenderloin no issue. I have had issues when it is really windy out tho.
    If some of the pellets were frozen in the feed tube it could have thrown the code but worked when the jam cleared.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I cleaned the whole inside a few weeks ago but used it once since then. I checked the pellets but may have been down at auger. I keep a nice heavy cover on it when not used. I am thinking of getting one of those insulated blankets for it

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I have a Laredo pellet smoker and trying to cook a Turkey on it this morning. It would purge and light and burn a few minutes and shut down. Code was ERL and saying loss of flame or pellet feed according to book. I was about to use the oven in the house and after fourth try it stayed on. This is my first time using a pellet smoker in cold weather. Any of you cooking on the pellet smokers today? Any Issues?
    I smoked a prime rib today. I put it on my Traeger at 9am. I use a welders blanket from Harbor Freight to provide insulation. I drape over the top of the smoker.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Used my Traeger to cook a pork butt at 350°F since my wife was baking pies.
    Smoked a pork butt when it was in the 20's a couple weeks ago so my daughter could take half to NC when she visited her brother. I took almost the full bin.
    I have a fitted blanket coming Thursday.
    But I'll be smoking a brisket before it gets here.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom