• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    How would you rate the training, Instructors level of experience and the facility in general? What course or courses did you take? Would you go back?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i did some private training there (didn't use their instructors). if you want to do long range shooting, that is definitely a great place to do it. we stayed in their "hotel" which is basically barracks with bunk beds but that was fun.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    No but looks like somewhere I need to look into. What course were you interested in?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I used to shoot with a guy that worked there, he said the training was really good. I believe its pretty expensive though.

geeezer

Feb 8, 2013
    Took Handgun 1 course. Great instructor, excellent facilities. I would go back for more training.

AMStrick

May 15, 2012
    Port Tobacco
    Have taken multiple courses there. Great facility and knowledgable staff with been there done that backgrounds.

Took my wife and daughter for HG-1, both like that class.

There are two types of classes there. The Gentleman's courses are for the beginners and the instructors are very patient with gentle corrective suggestions. The other type of class is more along the line of military training with negative reinforcement used to motivate the students. I have participated in both and prefer the military style, but then again I am prior Navy EOD and this style of training is a better fit for my aggressive mind set.

SMTC is a gun fighting school, if you want to learn the how to survive a gunfight this is the place to go. If you are interested in learning how to use your sidearm or carbine better SMTC will make you better, even if you stay with the Gentlemans classes. I have been I several classes where students have quite in the middle of class.

I did the 3 week sniper course, not for the week or faint of heart. You walk and run everywhere you go and carry a 65 lb pack along with your weapons system. Slept in ditches, briar patches and in the rain. Week three is all field work, running surveillance missions. During the second week of Sniper, one student lasted one day of class and quit. Could not believe he walked away like that.

Will be attending 2 courses in October. The sustainment class at the end of October will be sporty, it gets cold over there in late October, we will be in the field for 24-36 hours.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Have taken multiple courses there. Great facility and knowledgable staff with been there done that backgrounds.

Took my wife and daughter for HG-1, both like that class.

There are two types of classes there. The Gentleman's courses are for the beginners and the instructors are very patient with gentle corrective suggestions. The other type of class is more along the line of military training with negative reinforcement used to motivate the students. I have participated in both and prefer the military style, but then again I am prior Navy EOD and this style of training is a better fit for my aggressive mind set.

SMTC is a gun fighting school, if you want to learn the how to survive a gunfight this is the place to go. If you are interested in learning how to use your sidearm or carbine better SMTC will make you better, even if you stay with the Gentlemans classes. I have been I several classes where students have quite in the middle of class.

I did the 3 week sniper course, not for the week or faint of heart. You walk and run everywhere you go and carry a 65 lb pack along with your weapons system. Slept in ditches, briar patches and in the rain. Week three is all field work, running surveillance missions. During the second week of Sniper, one student lasted one day of class and quit. Could not believe he walked away like that.

Will be attending 2 courses in October. The sustainment class at the end of October will be sporty, it gets cold over there in late October, we will be in the field for 24-36 hours.

Excellent :thumbsup:

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    I did their Long Range Rifle I course (2 1/2 days) this past August and the course, the instructors, and the facilities are simply exceptional!

These guys are the real deal. I will be back for more training with them each year from now on. I hope to pass their sniper school at one point, that would be quite the achievement. You wont regret training with these experts. I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom