• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I currently have a Walther PPK/S, Walther P-22, Ruger 22/45, and a CZ-75 w/ Kadett conversion kit that I can run a suppressor on. I had a Browning Buckmark 5.5 Field that I had the barrel threaded; that was a nice setup but the Buckmark is a larg-ish pistol to begin with and the addition of a suppressor made it really long, similar to my CZ. I had .22 conversion kits for my Glock 17 and 23, but I was never really satisfied with those. I shoot the Ruger suppressed more often that the others.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Anyone have experience with the Ruger Mark IV “Lite” model and suppressing it?Thinking of picking one up; I have a Sparrow in jail I’m waiting on.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    S&W MP 22 Compact. AWESOME! On a pistol, the can makes a huge difference.

pistol-22lr-smithwesson-mp-22-compact.jpg
    20170714_141732(1).jpg

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I own one of these and it is the only .22 I have ever owned that has never choked. Not one FTF or FTE even when suppressed. It is an excellent suppressor host and very accurate as well. I did do some trigger work to get rid of the creep but it is not as bad as some others.
    The only Ammo mine has had problems with is American Eagle. It has flawlessly cycled everything else I have put in it.
    The other great thing about this pistol is my stock sights are not obstructed by my suppressor (Mask HD). There was no need to change sights.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Try to get a used Smith & Wesson 422, 622, or 2206. Buy an adapter from EKW and you’re in business.
    Top is a 422, bottom is a 622. Both are alloy framed and fairly light.
    Center is a 2206 and is solid stainless.
    Great guns, accurate and suppress very well.
    5c5b767041980d343c0c7c4e6a799b13.jpg

62215b5a94c76f4e8bda49477d679f41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Try to get a used Smith & Wesson 422, 622, or 2206. Buy an adapter from EKW and you’re in business.
    Top is a 422, bottom is a 622. Both are alloy framed and fairly light.
    Center is a 2206 and is solid stainless.
    Great guns, accurate and suppress very well.
    5c5b767041980d343c0c7c4e6a799b13.jpg

62215b5a94c76f4e8bda49477d679f41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had a 622 just like yours but had to machine the adapter as I couldn't find anyone making them at the time. They are great guns. Not the easiest to find anymore but damn good guns.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    People who don't buy an American made 22 pistol and mount an American made suppressor hate America.

This combo is hilariously quiet with CCI Quiet Auto ammo, but it's better for your psyche if you use RW&B coated ammo for the feelz.

red_white_and_pew.jpg

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have a Ruger 22/45 light with a Warlock on it. I have no complaints.
    That's the exact setup my wife has. We do notice quite a POI shift with the red dot and warlock though. Not a huge issue for me, but she is right handed and left eye dominant and it seems to impact her more.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Hard to go wrong with the current crop of rimfire suppressors, and 22s from major manufacturers. I have a couple older pistols, one being a buckmark that came without threaded barrels. They shoot well enough, but the cost of a barrel or threading the stock one is about 1/2 the price of just buying a new pistol. If a rimfire pistol i'm interested in now doesn't have a threaded barrel from the factory, it's a dealbreaker to me. A few of my favorite rimfire SBR and pistol hosts.

A threaded buckmark, Ruger MK4 tactical, Browning 1911/22 or anything Volquartsen would be the best metal framed hosts. If you are open to poly frame, then there are a lot more options, the Ruger MK4 lite and Sig P322 IMO are the best, both are quiet, reliable, accurate, and about as good as it gets for the money. Don't rule out a braced pistol or SBR(depending on ATF buffoonery), they are easily the most fun of ANY suppressed host category in any caliber. They are also exempt from MD's 29" and feature rules being rimfire.

20230803_082852.jpg

Last edited:

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    That's the exact setup my wife has. We do notice quite a POI shift with the red dot and warlock though. Not a huge issue for me, but she is right handed and left eye dominant and it seems to impact her more.
    Interesting. I thought the red dot took away most, if not all, of the vision issues. I have an astigmatism and they help me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom