• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    If there is a thread about, apologies for duplicate. Watching YouTube and came upon a video where people were shooting rubber targets. I guess it’s self sealing rubber target. It’s from Infinity defense

It’s expensive compare to paper targets. For $100 you can get probably 150 18x12 splatter paper targets. Infinity defense rubber target is $100 for 30 x18 target and claims to take 3000-5000 round’s depending on the caliber and shot placement. One plus would be if you set a target, let’s say at AGC, you don’t have to change out targets. And just something different

Anyone have experience with it. There are other videos but here is a short

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Caldwell Self HealingTargets

I hang these 6” cube targets alongside of my paper targets at AGC. I attach a 4’ 1x2 across the top of my target frame and hang them from thin wire with fishing swivels so the targets swing and spin freely when hit. I’ve used .22, .380, .38, 9mm, and .45 all work very well. I have tipped my stand over on occasion. They heal very well, until they take numerous hits in the same area. I like that they’re not static so you don’t hit the same spot all the time. I shot them today, I do have a tendancy to hit the wire they hang from so there are usually two rubber targets, one on each side of my frame.

Last edited:

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    I bought a Double Action Reactive Target at the Outdoorsman PA show last week. There were solid lime green ones at another booth but these color change at the point of impact due to the friction and then return to the base color (in my case a dark red 6" flat circle) becomes a green fringe around the impact hole. We could see this at 10yds on the pistol range at AGC today. It flops around also with a bigger caliber. (At 100 yds with a .223 harder to see:-)
    Anything is better than just paper:-)

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    BA61E852-27A3-406F-9FC0-A69DCF159619.png
    This is my setup for steel, paper, and rubber on the 50 yard pistol range.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I bought a Double Action Reactive Target at the Outdoorsman PA show last week. There were solid lime green ones at another booth but these color change at the point of impact due to the friction and then return to the base color (in my case a dark red 6" flat circle) becomes a green fringe around the impact hole. We could see this at 10yds on the pistol range at AGC today. It flops around also with a bigger caliber. (At 100 yds with a .223 harder to see:-)
    Anything is better than just paper:-)
    There was a guy at AGC last weekend who had those. He rigged them like the resettable steel plates - he’d shoot them, then pull a string to reset them and shoot them again. It was a nice rig using 1x2 wood and pvc plumbing corners for assembly.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    This is interesting. I have a 7’x 4’x 5/8” thick roll of rubber that was left over from a project. I might have to give it a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom