• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Title says it. Looking for glock front sight tool. Don't care what its made of as long as it works.

I bought some ameiglos thinking they came with one. (They used to) They didn't.

Thanks.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Do you mean the nut driver thingy? Make one! Get one of the regular old nut drivers that goes to a drill/impact driver. Chuck it in a drill and use a file on it (like a lathe). Flatten the front so it'll engage the shallow nut. Then use the file to turn down the sides so it fits through the hole. I think 3/16" is the right size.

399827_lg.jpg

GLOCKMED

Sep 8, 2012
    Mike,

lone wolf makes one 3 tools in one. what area are you from? Someone on here might have one i'm on the eastern shore.

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    If you still need one I have an extra you can have for free. Ameriglo includes them with their sights and I've bought a few sets.

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    my craftsman mechanics set had the nut drivers that go on a magnetic screwdriver handle and it fit in the slide and engaged the slim hex head. I am in Harford county and could help you out if you came to the area.

Another tip: Use blue loctite on the screw or it will back out on the first range trip.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    my craftsman mechanics set had the nut drivers that go on a magnetic screwdriver handle and it fit in the slide and engaged the slim hex head. I am in Harford county and could help you out if you came to the area.

Another tip: Use blue loctite on the screw or it will back out on the first range trip.

+1 gotta love craftsman tools. It worked better than the tool I bought "designed for Glock" front sights

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have the "official" GLOCK tool, but normally just use a 3/16" socket with a in/lb torque screwdriver set to 3 in/lbs(no official spec, but listed in my chart for a #3-56 screw). The problem with using a nut driver or something large, the tiny screws are too easy to break, if anything, just use a plain 3/16" 1/4in drive deep socket, turn it snug, and use blue loc-tite, and you won't have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom