• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dattrini85

Man of few words.....
    Oct 19, 2010
    Moco
    Hey guys! I just wanted to know if any of you guys own this gun and how is the recoil on it! Thinking about getting the BEAST. Let me know!:)

Ultimate Member
    Hey guys! I just wanted to know if any of you guys own this gun and how is the recoil on it! Thinking about getting the BEAST. Let me know!:)

I don't own one, but it will recoil less if you shot something else besides the .460 out of it. I'm not sure how to do it, but it should shoot 454 casull and 45 long colt.

Oh and what you have on the end of your barrel will effect recoil. The emergency bear guns with 2in barrels kick a lot so get at least 6inches.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    I have a .460S&W. It does have some recoil but it’s not bad. I have the 12 inch without the compensator. My brother in law has the 8 3/8 inch with the compensator. The break smacks you and anyone near you in the face. It is a monster of a handgun and that helps it soak up some recoil. Compared to the S&W N frame (.44mag) the X frame is huge. It makes the N frame look like a .22. I won’t say the 460 kicks like a 44 mag. I put X frame grips on my S&W 629 .44mag to compare apples to apples and the 460 has significantly more recoil. As far as less recoiling rounds, I didn’t buy it to shoot .45 Long Colt. If I wanted to shoot Long Colt I would have bought a Long Colt. I have other guns to plink with. If you want to shoot it pm me and we can make arrangements to meet.

Walt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom