• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Hey just checking to see if anyone on here ordered pmags from brownells in the last 3 or 4 months. i have been waiting on an order since december.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Yes, I ordered 2 dozen 20 round black Pmags on December 24 --- still nothing. I've since purchased them from another place and will most likely cancel my order.

Must be guy humor -- I found the Hitler video to be hilarious. My wife however just sat there "I don't get it, I don't get it"

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Brownells sold 3.5 years worth of Pmags in 72 hours, now that's based on an avg year of sales for them and not production. I'd say its going to be a while before they get to you.

I have an order out for Brownells mags from early February, I'll be lucky to get it by years end and am counting on getting it come May 2014 (they said they have sold more Brownells mags than Pmags, so I'm not going to get my hopes up).

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Brownells sold 3.5 years worth of Pmags in 72 hours, now that's based on an avg year of sales for them and not production. I'd say its going to be a while before they get to you.

I have an order out for Brownells mags from early February, I'll be lucky to get it by years end and am counting on getting it come May 2014 (they said they have sold more Brownells mags than Pmags, so I'm not going to get my hopes up).

Mine were the 26th of december, not sure if you thought it was later or not. i actually placed the order on the 21 but it didnt go through until the 26th. The last i heard they were working up through December so i'm hoping they will ship in the next month or so.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I placed my order for 20 on jan 1st. Haven't heard anything. Not too worried about it though, they'll come eventually.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I, along with some friends, ordered a bunch of PMAGs (M3, window and non-window) and ammo in mid-November.

Non-window M3 mags arrived around Christmas. I called Brownells a couple days ago and was told there is no ETA on the windows or XM193 we ordered.

Btw I guess I'm higher on the list than Hitler. I've personally spent over $5000 with Brownells since 2010... still no help lol. They're just completely slammed.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I, along with some friends, ordered a bunch of PMAGs (M3, window and non-window) and ammo in mid-November.

Non-window M3 mags arrived around Christmas. I called Brownells a couple days ago and was told there is no ETA on the windows or XM193 we ordered.

Btw I guess I'm higher on the list than Hitler. I've personally spent over $5000 with Brownells since 2010... still no help lol. They're just completely slammed.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Hay, did anyone get this email from Brownell's, and if they did, do you understand it?

Dear Folks,

We want to thank everyone for your patience with us. Thanks especially to those of you who told us orders were being delivered "out of cycle." We’ve been in business an awfully long time and are proud of our reputation for great service, so we had to find out what was going on.

And we found the problem. Simple really. About 15 years ago we put in place system logic prioritizing a few back orders ahead of others. It was a rare situation, but necessary at the time and under normal market conditions back then, those reasons made sense.

Then the world changed, and back orders ballooned into the thousands – literally – and our system and the vendor’s ability to keep up just broke that logic. About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line under the old system logic, and had their orders shipped ahead of where they should have been in line. It moved all the rest of you back about 300 places in line – which, rightfully so, caused an uproar.

When we found the problem, we immediately disabled this logic, truly resuming our first in first out policy. The real problem is that demand is far greater than any factory’s ability to quickly catch up.

The good news is we have cured the broken system logic; thanks for telling us. We are shipping in order received, and handling your orders the way we have always tried to – honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table.

Best,
    webbench_FB_sig.jpg

Frank &amp Pete Brownell

Now this is my spin on what we are reading in this letter from Brownell's.

1.)
    "out of cycle." = Sending items to the people that Bronell's benefits the most from over someone else that may have had their order in much longer then the people that did receive their order.

2.)
    "About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line......which, rightfully so, caused an uproar. = Well no kidding. I wonder what legal thing they got caught at to admit this bull crap way to do business?

3.) "
    honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table." = Sure they are. It sounds like they got caught at something illegal to me.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Hay, did anyone get this email from Brownell's, and if they did, do you understand it?

Dear Folks,

We want to thank everyone for your patience with us. Thanks especially to those of you who told us orders were being delivered "out of cycle." We’ve been in business an awfully long time and are proud of our reputation for great service, so we had to find out what was going on.

And we found the problem. Simple really. About 15 years ago we put in place system logic prioritizing a few back orders ahead of others. It was a rare situation, but necessary at the time and under normal market conditions back then, those reasons made sense.

Then the world changed, and back orders ballooned into the thousands – literally – and our system and the vendor’s ability to keep up just broke that logic. About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line under the old system logic, and had their orders shipped ahead of where they should have been in line. It moved all the rest of you back about 300 places in line – which, rightfully so, caused an uproar.

When we found the problem, we immediately disabled this logic, truly resuming our first in first out policy. The real problem is that demand is far greater than any factory’s ability to quickly catch up.

The good news is we have cured the broken system logic; thanks for telling us. We are shipping in order received, and handling your orders the way we have always tried to – honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table.

Best,
    webbench_FB_sig.jpg

Frank &amp Pete Brownell

Now this is my spin on what we are reading in this letter from Brownell's.

1.)
    "out of cycle." = Sending items to the people that Bronell's benefits the most from over someone else that may have had their order in much longer then the people that did receive their order.

2.)
    "About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line......which, rightfully so, caused an uproar. = Well no kidding. I wonder what legal thing they got caught at to admit this bull crap way to do business?

3.) "
    honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table." = Sure they are. It sounds like they got caught at something illegal to me.

I'm not gonna speculate. The demand for every gun-related product is unquestionably higher than ever before. Humans make mistakes, computer programs can have glitches or as Brownells said an old system that was in place caused an unforseen consequence. The botton line is they claim to be fixing it. It would be nice if they would reach out to people in line who got skipped with a special offer or discount... but not totally necessary.

I doubt anyone was relying on their Brownells order to keep them alive or otherwise safe from harm. It's a case of people who never thought to have items like PMAGs or AR pattern rifles panicking and trying to snatch them up at the last moment, or opportunists with disposable income looking to buy up supply to hoard it for themselves and/or flip it to make cash on the side.

I don't have sympathy for those people. I ordered my stuff BEFORE Newtown, and I have called Brownells ONCE, 4 months after ordering out of curiosity. Would I like some ammo to shoot? Sure but I understand the current market conditions. If you want something bad enough, you have 3 basic options: go on GunBroker or to an unscrupulous retailer and pay out the ass for it, check websites frequently to snag items that come in stock, or put it on backorder and wait.

Most items available for backorder now have a disclaimer saying "no ETA" or something. Get used to it until the demand drops and supply catches up again.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    It doesn't help that Brownells isn't a distributor of magpul like DSGarms is. That's why everyone who ordered from DSG are getting their pmags at a much faster rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom