• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    So my Kimber hates these SWC bullets. 200gr Berry's plated, .452 diameter. I have an unopened box of 250 and an opened box with exactly 186 bullets. By my math thats 436 bullets. Will sell for 50 bucks or trade for other reloading components, (powder, small pistol primers, carbide 9mm dies). I have a thread in the FS/FT section. Thanks.

001-5.jpg

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    I use Berry's and have no problems.

BUT:

I am not using a Kimber, and I use the 200 Flat nose. OTOH when I used SWC at 185 gr.
    I had to seat the bullet a tad deeper......I field stripped the gun and used the barrel
    as the gauge. Kept sitting the bullet until it fit the chamber just right......works every time.

I have some Berry's 200 FP if you would to try them....

But as Mud Turtle says....is it a feed or accuracy problem??

R

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    Problem is failures to feed regardless of seating depth. My hollow point, round nose, and flat point loads with jacketed, lead, and plated rounds of different weights and manufacturers all work. Its the profile of these particular bullets in that particular gun. As I only own one .45 these bullets are more or less useless to me.

Just looking to recoup a little back, thats all. I think these are 32.99 per 250 from Cabelas, plus shipping. I can do a face to face sale at any range in the area, I shoot at On Target usually. Trades are good too, whatever works. I just am not wasting more powder/primers on these, the gun just plain dislikes them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom