• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    So i got this ppk today.. and have no idea what im looking at...
    the serial number puts it late war, 1945 i believe, it has the lightweight dural aluminum alloy fream. frame and slide have matching serial numbers.
    it has aftermarket grips and mag...
    after that im just lost... the slide has just the serial number and other than that it is just in the white. it has a chrome or nickel finish except for the rear sight looks like it was blued. inside the slide is some black paint type material that I have no idea about.
    the frame is the light weight dural and has just the serial number on the frame body, above the trigger in the ejection port is a tiny z and some small symbol. the trigger guard, trigger, mag release, and hammer were all blued. the frame itsself looks silver like it was never finished, just looks aluminum, but inside the grips and on the slide rails is some of the black paint like substance that is inside of the slide.
    There are circles in the paint around the working parts, and the slide stop etc appears as though they were blued.
    the barrel looks like it was blued and has a small eagle on it...
    the frame and slide are different colors as the slide is more shiny, and the frame looks like.. well aluminum...
    i dont know if this is the worlds strangest refinish or what? im really lost...
    ok now to the pictures...

ppk1.jpg

ppk2.jpg

here is disassembled.... this is when it gets weird..
    ppk3.jpg

ppk4.jpg

the inside of the slide and frame are like a black paint.. that i dont understand
    ppk5.jpg

ppk6.jpg

so thats the ppk... i really dont know what this thing is..

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    yeah this is the one from GB last week... i decided to pick it up because of the frame, and something in .32 that my wife would like to shoot.
    and I agree that the slide was re chromed, but i dont understand what the paint is on the inside, or why the rear sight wouldnt be plated... and why the mag release, trigger guard, trigger, and hammer are blued, and there is no finish other than the painted circles on the frame.. why wouldnt they plate any of this?
    would the slide be blued originally and the frame just duraluminum? so it would be originally 2 tone? or was it stripped and left? with the paint like material circled on later?
    its just really weird..

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I know some about them. Looks like you have a late war Dural. Someone buffed the finish off. At this point in the war Walther stopped bluing the pistols and gave them a matte black finish. Should be an okay shooter. Here is what mine looks like. Even post war Dural pistol frames have a painted finish, I read somewhere that the alloy frames would melt in the bluing process.
    11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom