• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnCard

Jan 15, 2013
    I'm thinking about volunteering for the Maryland Defense Force and would like to learn more about it.

If you have experience with the MDDF and are willing to answer questions and share advice, please reply to the thread or PM me.

Thanks,
    J

(Should this thread be moved to a different sub-forum? I was considering "Introductions")

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    This is an interesting organization. Makes me curious as hell. When 9/11 happened, I wrote to the Marine Corps to take me back, but I was too old (like 40 something at the time). I didn't think I was too old to again serve my country...

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Here are the current laws, both Federal and Constitutional that allow the Federal government to call up state defense forces/militias (Federal law treats defense forces and militias as being the same thing). This is seperate from what the governors of the various states may call them up for. These are the laws that covered George Washington when he called up the Pennsylvania State Militia to put down the Whiskey Rebellion:

10 USC 331 – “Federal aid for State governments”

Whenever there is an insurrection in any State against its government, the President may, upon the request of its legislature or of its governor if the legislature cannot be convened, call into Federal service such of the militia of the other States, in the number requested by that State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to suppress the insurrection.

10 USC 332 – “Use of militia and armed forces to enforce Federal authority”

Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State or Territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.

10 USC 333 – “Interference with State and Federal law”

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it -

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Here are the current laws, both Federal and Constitutional that allow the Federal government to call up state defense forces/militias (Federal law treats defense forces and militias as being the same thing). This is seperate from what the governors of the various states may call them up for. These are the laws that covered George Washington when he called up the Pennsylvania State Militia to put down the Whiskey Rebellion:

10 USC 331 – “Federal aid for State governments”

Whenever there is an insurrection in any State against its government, the President may, upon the request of its legislature or of its governor if the legislature cannot be convened, call into Federal service such of the militia of the other States, in the number requested by that State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to suppress the insurrection.

10 USC 332 – “Use of militia and armed forces to enforce Federal authority”

Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State or Territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.

10 USC 333 – “Interference with State and Federal law”

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it -

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.

What about when it is the president or governor who are causing the strife to start with?

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I'm thinking about volunteering for the Maryland Defense Force and would like to learn more about it.

If you have experience with the MDDF and are willing to answer questions and share advice, please reply to the thread or PM me.

Thanks,
    J

(Should this thread be moved to a different sub-forum? I was considering "Introductions")

Bow down to your Commander-In-Chief Martin Owe'Malley!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom