• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lexus

Feb 12, 2015
    Somewhere in MD
    If I'm violating any rules or laws, please let me know.

I need a mag that holds more than 10 rounds and I live in MD. I was wondering if anyone was in the NOVA area (Arlington area preferably) who I could have it shipped to? I'd then pick it up. If so please PM me.

Thanks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why not just go to one of the gun shows and buy it there. PA or VA, either one will work. If it's something special, call a gun shop in America and have them order what you need and pick it up when it comes in.

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    Yea the out of state gun show is the easiest way. My grandparents live in PA so I just order and ship there but the show thing works for those without an out of state address.

lexus

Feb 12, 2015
    Somewhere in MD
    Well WV is too far. But I'll definitely do some research on the infamous gun shows I keep hearing about. What are the benefits to a gun show other than being buying stuff in VA vs MD like a magazine over 10 rounds?

Is there still a waiting period on handgun purchases?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Well WV is too far. But I'll definitely do some research on the infamous gun shows I keep hearing about. What are the benefits to a gun show other than being buying stuff in VA vs MD like a magazine over 10 rounds?

Your first question was about buying mags. That is the advantage of going to an "INFAMOUS" out of state gun show. Odd way to word things....
    2nd question about handgun purchases, as a Md resident you can buy a handgun from out of state but it must then be shipped from an out of state FFL dealer to a Md FFL dealer where you then need an HQL from the state of Md in order to receive said handgun after the infamous "7 day wait".

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    chantilly gun show is pretty much the largest in the area, think it's thanksgiving weekend or thereabouts, if you can't find the mags you want there they probably don't make them. also there normally has been a dealer there that is also a Maryland dealer, such that you can buy firearms there and pick up at his shop in MD later.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    they are saying why involve shipping to a strangers house and having to deal with all that, when you can just go to any gun show out of state and 100% legally purchase any mag you want.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I send stuff to the FedEx and UPS Customer Centers in Alexandria if I need hi cap mags. No charge for holding the packages and they keep them for 5 days.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yea it really sucks living in Marylinistan. I use to be able to have mags delivered to my dads house outside Bethlehem Pa. Had to move him into a VA home outside Philadelphia this past February. Don't think they would appreciate me sending hi cap mags to him there. Good luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

What's your meaning of "infamous gun shows"?
    Consider a gun show to be something like a mall for buying shooting supplies and firearms. You can shop at any store (vendor) and search for the best deal. All federal, state and local laws have to be followed, so you're not circumventing any laws by going out of state, so please know the law of your home state.

Gun purchases still have to be sent to an FFL in your home state. All paperwork must be completed and if you're talking about Maryland, you must have an HQL to purchase that handgun, then you can wait to pick up your handgun just like the rest of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom