Anyone have land/farm that would allow deer/squirrel hunting the remainder of season?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaded diva

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksville, MD
    I know this is a long shot (no pun intended lol), but my dad just lost his very long time place to hunt abruptly. (No fault of his own, the owner just decided to do something different with his property, and would give my dad an excellent reference!)
    It's usually my dad, grandfather (he's 86 and will probably be his last year to hunt), an uncle, maybe my aunt and my boyfriend. At the very minimum we're looking for a place for my dad and boyfriend. Preferably the Howard or Carroll County area.
    My dad managed the hunting area on the property they hunted, including where everyone's stands were, etc. He looked after the property, ran off anyone not given permission to be around, helped out with anything the owner needed since he lived out of state. Dad is a responsible, safe, clean and respectful hunter. He hunts bow, muzzleloader and gun season but would take any one of these if limited. My boyfriend usually does just gun and sometimes muzzleloader, plus he'd be the only one looking to squirrel hunt most likely.

Anyway...if you or anyone you know is looking for hunters, has crop damage, or would even allow just part of a season (even just the remainder of this season or next), send me a message here. I know my dad is super disappointed, as he's hunted there for about twenty years, and I'd like to help him out in finding a new place to go, because my dad is awesome and is always there when I need him! :)

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    to bad you live a good distance away from me,I got A Lot of squirrels on my farm and would be happy to let some hunters to thin them out.

Jaded diva

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksville, MD
    About how far are you from the Howard County area? My dad might not be willing to travel far but my boyfriend might for a day or two of hunting - like a Saturday or something. He loves hunting squirrels - and his family loves to eat them! (me? heck no! lol)

Nugunnut

Sep 23, 2011
    Not trying to cut in on Jaded Diva at all so only if your to far away for them to drive there I would love to thin those little rats with tails out for ya!!

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Not trying to cut in on Jaded Diva at all so only if your to far away for them to drive there I would love to thin those little rats with tails out for ya!!

no worries bud I got plenty of squirrels,all needed to do is sit a deerstand and bring plenty of ammo.I was hunting last week and saw up to 10-15 at a time.Where are you from buddy.

Jaded diva

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksville, MD
    That's probably a bit far. As much as I hate squirrels.....lol

Nugunnut - you're not cutting in! No problem - if it's a reasonable drive for you, more power to ya!! Blast those little bastards...lol

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    no problem,offer still stands though if you feel like comin to the shore for a weekend trip.I have a good feelin the little,corn stealin,asses ain't goin anywhere.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    Check out the Meade Natural Heritage Association. Membership lets you hunt Pax Research Refuge south of Ft Meade. They tightly control the number of people allowed on the property at any given time. I'm not sure if you could join and still hunt there this season.

Nugunnut

Sep 23, 2011
    no worries bud I got plenty of squirrels,all needed to do is sit a deerstand and bring plenty of ammo.I was hunting last week and saw up to 10-15 at a time.Where are you from buddy.

Sweeeet!! I'm from Parkville/Carney area in Baltimore County.. Man I would love to come home with 8-10 of those little rats!! Would you be opposed to my father or son coming along? Maybe we can set up some time and I can drive down and we can do the meet and greet??

Nugunnut

Sep 23, 2011
    That's probably a bit far. As much as I hate squirrels.....lol

Nugunnut - you're not cutting in! No problem - if it's a reasonable drive for you, more power to ya!! Blast those little bastards...lol

Thanks Jaded I didnt want to be rude and cut in.. or hijack your post, Hope you find a place for your dad to go killin!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom