• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I'm sort of thinking about getting one to breathe some more life into my CZ-75BD and officially CZ says "Should fit most CZ-75 and 85, may require some fitting."

So I'm wondering if anyone here has one and if they had to do any fitting. Any of our resident gun smiths have any input for me? Is this something I should leave to professionals?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I had one. I was lucky and it fit snugly on my CZ-75B frame without fitting. It was DEAD NUTS accurate. I have always regretted selling it to another member years ago. I should get another one at some point for sure...

But really it may not fitting, or it may. It should be a minor charge and any good pistolsmith with a file that can take care of rail slots should be able to do it.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I've got one and love it. Extremely smooth shooting and accurate.

Fitting is quite easy, if needed at all. All there is to do is lightly file the 'ears' on the Kadet upper where it rides in the frame groove. The pistol frame is NOT modified in any way. Most fit pretty closely already, and mine only required minimal polishing to fit. Once fitted to one of my pistols, it also fit several other CZs I have around with no difference in accuracy.

Magazines are a pleasure to handle and also fit standard CZ mag pouches, being full-size, but a bugger to load. Den Stiinett over at CZ forums sells a modified UP-LULA that makes it easy.

There can be some changes in operation with regard to the slide stop vs what model frame it's on. The Kadet comes with it's own slide stop, but it doesn't always lock the slide back on an empty mag. Most of my CZs are decockers like your BD (P-01, SP-01 Tactical, and sometimes I need to switch slide stops around to get it to lock open. I keep extra slides tops around for most of my pistols, which is why I cannot recall which one works with which frame.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Like Ed said, just minor fitting on two non-moving "lugs" at the front which keep the body of the kit from wiggling in the frame. The actual slide is a smaller piece which reciprocates.

I absolutely love mine, on a 75B Omega. In fact I hardly ever shoot 9mm out of it any more. I have had very little issues with it, it eats everything, and is as accurate as I am. I got mine shortly after the Omega triggers came out, and it didn't fit until I relieved an area for the ejector. But all of the newer kits should drop in fine, regardless of model.

The only niggling PITA is the .22 slide is pretty tiny. In fact it can be hard to lock open without cocking the gun first. But really, it's a minor complaint. The design is pretty bulletproof.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    I also have one mounted to a stock 75b SA and the fitting is nothing to worry about. There are 2 places on the slide rails at the muzzle end that may require filing down. There is a third area on the part of the barrel assembly that the slide lock goes through to lock the slide to the frame. Th piece needs to fit between two rails and can be tight. I was extremely deliberate when I did it and it probably took 30 minutes.

As everyone says, the kit is extremely accurate and reliable for me through about 1000 bulk rounds. I have shot sub 1in groups of 20 shots at 7yds with federal bulk pack hollow points. I have about 2 per 100 light strikes that always ignite on a second strike. No ejection problems, and the slide always locks back. I did have one round that didn't feed but I think that was a low charge round that didn't cycle the slide far enough back.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    I had one. I was lucky and it fit snugly on my CZ-75B frame without fitting. It was DEAD NUTS accurate. I have always regretted selling it to another member years ago. I should get another one at some point for sure...

But really it may not fitting, or it may. It should be a minor charge and any good pistolsmith with a file that can take care of rail slots should be able to do it.

Yes your CZ-75 Kadet Kit is still a snug fit on my 75B, thanks Again for the purchase. They tell you that minor fitting may be necessary in the instructions but as Smores did, I just deal with the snug fit. nice little nail driver however every once in a while a fail to fire and you just pull the trigger again and your good.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yes your CZ-75 Kadet Kit is still a snug fit on my 75B, thanks Again for the purchase. They tell you that minor fitting may be necessary in the instructions but as Smores did, I just deal with the snug fit. nice little nail driver however every once in a while a fail to fire and you just pull the trigger again and your good.

Glad to hear it's being put to good use! :thumbsup: I really do miss it. Every now and then I consider a dedicated .22 LR pistol but then I remember how sweet that thing was. I should stop buying AR parts like a madman and pick up another.

One thing as a caution to anyone buying one of these, shop around as a lot of online retailers will sell the kit with only a single magazine, when it ships from CZ with two. They probably pull one and sell it for $40 on the side and make more money. If I remember correctly I snagged that Kadet kit from eBay, but it may have been somewhere else online, but I did get it with 2 mags for the same price as kits with a single mag back then.

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    It may sound like there is an echo in here, but...

I love my Kadet conversion. I shoot it more than my 9mm (cost). It's more accurate than I am and very reliable. Out of the box, it wouldn't install all the way smoothly, but only took 1 or 2 light swipes with a fine tooth file and it fits perfect.

I did the UpLula mod detailed by DenStinett on the CZ forums (a great place for CZ info and discussion). Its not to hard to do if your interested, or as mentioned above, you can buy them ready made from Den. I highly recommend having the loader, the magazine-in-a-magazine design was a bit rough on my thumbs. Modded, the UpLula still works great for 9mm too. They're built tough enough that I don't have any fear of the tongue flexing on standard calibers even after the mod.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Anyone know if the Kadet has any problems with 75BDs? I was wondering if the decocker mechanism would be different enough to interfere with fitting or function at all.

I have one but I can't help you Sir, Because i have never mounted it. I tend to shoot a Ace conversion.

If you have one that you aren't using would you like to sell it?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Anyone know if the Kadet has any problems with 75BDs? I was wondering if the decocker mechanism would be different enough to interfere with fitting or function at all....
    I run mine on a P-01 and an SP-01 Tactical, both decockers, and function is fine.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Tried my Kadet 2 on my SP-01 Shadow Target. Just about unusable due to light strikes with the 13lb main spring I have installed. Luckily I have a 15lb main spring the custom shop also included when I bought it. Going to change it out and pray it works, would really like to be able to practice with the Kadet.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Tried my Kadet 2 on my SP-01 Shadow Target. Just about unusable due to light strikes with the 13lb main spring I have installed. Luckily I have a 15lb main spring the custom shop also included when I bought it. Going to change it out and pray it works, would really like to be able to practice with the Kadet.
    You'll be GTG with the 15# spring. The 13# spring is marginal for mashing case rims and is not recommended for rimfire use.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    You'll be GTG with the 15# spring. The 13# spring is marginal for mashing case rims and is not recommended for rimfire use.

Yeah 13# definitely not happening with that thing. Took about 5 mins to switch out the 13 for 15#. What I did manage to shoot was awesome though.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    You can also modify the firing pin. Remove a little off the shoulder that sits against the firing pin retaining block. This allows the firing pin to protrude further out the back. Remove about 0.010".

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I have one- on my CZ75B compact. It works great! I actually put it on CZ75B40, CZ75B (full size) w/ out modification of any kind, except using the right type of slide release.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    I have one for my sp-01 tactical. Took a bit of light filing to the front slide rails, but now slides on and off easily. Makes for a sweet shooting 22. Ordered mine from cheaper than dirt and it came with both mags. I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom