• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    I'm picking up a 1911 Sunday morning but don't have a barrel lock for the stupid MD requirement and was hoping to save $20. Does anyone in the Bel air/Jarrettsville area have one I could borrow? I could meet somewhere tomorrow morning before 9:30 or so, or Sunday before 9 (my pickup time is 9:30). I can meet up again to give it back as soon as I'm done my pickup in Darlington.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    I'm picking up a 1911 Sunday morning but don't have a barrel lock for the stupid MD requirement and was hoping to save $20. Does anyone in the Bel air/Jarrettsville area have one I could borrow? I could meet somewhere tomorrow morning before 9:30 or so, or Sunday before 9 (my pickup time is 9:30). I can meet up again to give it back as soon as I'm done my pickup in Darlington.

I've got one in Forest Hill. PM me.

slowsheep

Jul 23, 2013
    Southern MD
    I've got the same situation(1911 45cal barrel lock)...am near Annapolis. Probably won't need one for two weeks or so. Thanks in advance for your consideration. Willing to buy, borrow or rent. At your convenience.

I've got a .45 ACP Borelock you can borrow. I'm a few miles south of Annapolis. PM me if you still need it.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Yes, certainly check out that link that Pinecone attached. There are a lot of good guys with locks usually on that list.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Are cable locks that feed thru the ejection port and magazine well acceptable? If they are many Police Stations should have free keyed cable locks like that via an old State porgram that brought the locks so residents could come in you your local station and ask for one no questions asked.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Are cable locks that feed thru the ejection port and magazine well acceptable? If they are many Police Stations should have free keyed cable locks like that via an old State porgram that brought the locks so residents could come in you your local station and ask for one no questions asked.

No, they do not qualify under MD law. They need to be bore locks, or tampons, as Lou likes to call them.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co

I am in the same situation and I am in bel air, need a 45 bore lock for the 26th or 27th of this month if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom