Anyone going to the Va Dulles Expo gunshow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Walked over to Hooters at abot 5:30 and as I was 10 feet from the door, I heard a weapon discharge. I stopped and could see the patrons looking in the same direction as if something was going on. I went immediatly to the trooper seated in his vehicle to let him know what just happened. As he gets out of the car, about 6 guys run out yelling for the trooper. He turns back to his car and grabs his 12 gauge and goes in. It's about 6 on now, parameds took a female out (sitting upright and conscious). Police are inside as I type (I'm outside in my vehicle). I quickly spoke with some who was inside who stated that he did not see anything, but believes it was an accidental discharge. I cannot confirm at this time....

Holy Cow Batman, Kinda glad I missed the show today... ouch... :eek:

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    Not intending to sound cold, but after realizing the gunshot and something actually taking place inside Hooters (then going for the trooper), my first real thought was "this is just what we f-ing need." With many of us waiting on our CCW's we need not give anyone who would try to deny us our right to lawfully carry any ammo against us!!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Not intending to sound cold, but after realizing the gunshot and something actually taking place inside Hooters (then going for the trooper), my first real thought was "this is just what we f-ing need." With many of us waiting on our CCW's we need not give anyone who would try to deny us our right to lawfully carry any ammo against us!!

It's Va., not Maryland. Doesn't directly concern us, but any ND is never good for gun owners. I had left Hooters about 4pm; talk about lucky.......

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Seriously. Driver didn't even bother, just left it on the door stop. Seller charges an extra $10 for signed deliveries? Not buying from them again.

Show was awesome as usual. Even found an affordable Kimber .22 conversion kit. But not for my Ultra. :envy:

FWIW, Sportsmans Guide has good prices and doesn't require signatures;)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    To comment on the show, got there about 10 am, no lines to get in and just the usual crowds (very manageable). I'm into ammo and C & R and there's plenty of both. Thought the prices on ammo pretty reasonable (handgun). Lot's of C & R to find. Only had 1 vendor who wouldn't sell a C & R handgun to a Marylander (specifically Baltimore county, and when he said that, I just said "Thanks, goodbye", 'cause some folks just can't be educated). Noticed many more 'private sales' this time around and that meant only to Va. residents over age 21 regardless.

Thought most of the C & R handguns were a little overpriced but ended up buying a Beretta Model 950 B .25 acp in excellent + condition with 2 mags and stocked up on 9 mm ammo. Always enjoy the Dulles show and always end up buying a gun there.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Went this morning and got there at around 10:00. I decided to park in front of Wal-Mart instead of trying to find it closer. No line getting in and not too crowded. Picked up 1,000 rounds of PMC 9mm for $215, 150 rounds of .45 ACP from Georgia Arms and a few other odds and ends. For me it was a great show.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Got the little items I needed and pulled the string on a "Training/cut-away" M1 Garand. Have been looking at them ( only 2 for sale) for about the last 6 shows. Sometimes he brings them sometimes he doesn't. I bought the H&R, early serial number.

I saw those two. Pretty nifty pieces. Any information about how/who did the work?

Shame about the ND. That's the only thing we'll hear about the show on the news. Well, that and "gun nuts mob gun show in fear of losing ability to randomly kill strangers".

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm editing my post about the person having the AD being a dumbass. I'm doing that because another member has sent me messages implying that I'm the dumbass for mentioning this in a public place. News Flash: If the press is going to run with this, it's not because they'll learn of it here. If anything, they know about it through the scanners that they have on virtually all of their vehicles (including some personally owned ones), and if they come here at all ... highly doubtful ... it would be to see what our reaction is. My own reaction is that whomever allowed this to happen reflects very poorly on all of us, and I want it to be clear that I neither excuse negligence of that sort, nor will I try to pretend that it didn't happen. To do so is, in my mind, exercising the same mentality that permits cover ups.

If my exercising free speech here annoys "the powers," or if the guy who sent me PMs about removing my posting is one of "the powers," feel free to boot me off the board.

Last edited:

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I saw those two. Pretty nifty pieces. Any information about how/who did the work?

Shame about the ND. That's the only thing we'll hear about the show on the news. Well, that and "gun nuts mob gun show in fear of losing ability to randomly kill strangers".
    Larry had no specific info on who did the work. It was very well done. He told me that he has seen only 2 examples of H&Rs and 6 of the SA cut-outs. Noting the work and research he has done for his book, I would say he has seen quite a few garand variations. :D

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    parking space was so hard to find yesterday at around 10. i had to park at the farthest side of Walmart.

i didn't find that 20 ga youth shotgun i was looking for. i might have better luck on the internet.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    To comment on the show, got there about 10 am, no lines to get in and just the usual crowds (very manageable). I'm into ammo and C & R and there's plenty of both. Thought the prices on ammo pretty reasonable (handgun). Lot's of C & R to find. Only had 1 vendor who wouldn't sell a C & R handgun to a Marylander (specifically Baltimore county, and when he said that, I just said "Thanks, goodbye", 'cause some folks just can't be educated). Noticed many more 'private sales' this time around and that meant only to Va. residents over age 21 regardless.

Thought most of the C & R handguns were a little overpriced but ended up buying a Beretta Model 950 B .25 acp in excellent + condition with 2 mags and stocked up on 9 mm ammo. Always enjoy the Dulles show and always end up buying a gun there.

i talked to that a$$hole yesterday also. he kept quoting nonsense about c&r laws that i know werent true. kind of making up stuff as he went. there one in every crowd.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom