Anyone get their non-resident FL CCW in FL?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hello Kitty

Oct 4, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I have been searching for this on the site, but haven't found this specifically, sorry if I've missed info already posted.

In looking through the information and links I did find, I see that in FL, you can go to one of their regional offices and do the entire application process there. You pay the same fee, but you get the fingerprinting, photos and notary services included right there.

I will be in Jacksonville in March and there's an office right nearby. I can probably swing it easily. I'm just curious if anyone from out of state has done this before - almost sounds too easy, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Oh, I saw through my looking on FL state government sites that they're running about 90 days to process applications! Wow!

Hello Kitty

Oct 4, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    In looking at the documentation, a copy of the certificate from your competency training is sufficient. So the NRA basic pistol course I took several years ago should suffice. At least, that's what I'm understanding in looking at their rules. That's why I'm asking if anyone has done it and can share how it went for them.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    In looking at the documentation, a copy of the certificate from your competency training is sufficient. So the NRA basic pistol course I took several years ago should suffice. At least, that's what I'm understanding in looking at their rules. That's why I'm asking if anyone has done it and can share how it went for them.

It looks like your all set. Do you have an appointment, I did my Florida permit by mail. However, before I applied by mail, i looked into doing it during a trip to Florida. I was told I needed to schedule an appt as they did not do walk ins at the regional office. But that may be different now. Currently Florida is running 8-12 weeks.

If you think you might want to go ahead and apply for your permit now, I have Florida packets at my classroom. You're welcome to stop in and get one. You can get fingerprints done at Laurel Police station and most UPS' will notarize your application. Dylan our office manager will take and print a passport photo for you. The classroom is open 1p-7p Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri and weekends when classes are scheduled.

www.DukesDefenseWorld.com

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    I have been searching for this on the site, but haven't found this specifically, sorry if I've missed info already posted.

In looking through the information and links I did find, I see that in FL, you can go to one of their regional offices and do the entire application process there. You pay the same fee, but you get the fingerprinting, photos and notary services included right there.

I will be in Jacksonville in March and there's an office right nearby. I can probably swing it easily. I'm just curious if anyone from out of state has done this before - almost sounds too easy, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Oh, I saw through my looking on FL state government sites that they're running about 90 days to process applications! Wow!

You have to make an appointment and they are backed up for months just for appointment's

jake12

May 18, 2010
    I did everything down in FL while I was there for business. Went pretty darn quick.

drkeg

Jan 14, 2011
    Catonsville
    I made an appointment for a day I knew I could be down there on business anyway. No problems at all, received my card about three weeks later.

Hello Kitty

Oct 4, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Cool, thanks guys. I will call the office in Jacksonville and see if I can get an appointment. If not, I'll stop by Kevin's place and get the stuff I need. Notary is no problem for me, I work with a few of them.

eddy8888

Jan 28, 2013
    La Plata, Maryland
    I got mine last year or so, they are great as long as you have all paper work filled out and Pistol training approved course. I used old NRA card and it sailed through.
    :thumbsup::)

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Well, Kevin, looks like I'm coming by your place. Next appointment in Jacksonville is Friday, May 31st!!!!

Stop in. Dylan should be there 1-7pm Thursday and Friday and We'll be open for classes Saturday 07:00am-07:00pm and Sunday, 09:00am-12:00pm (noon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom