• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I got into it back in the late 80's. Went and joined MD Fly anglers. They had a thing, stand up, say your name and what you fish for. I said "Hi, I'm Rob and is fish for bass and panfish." I got the reaction like I said I was a Child molester. Kind of quit going to meeting after that. They seemed a bit to high brow for the beer and boots boy. :D Quit when my son went fishing as a kid and never took it back up. I got Way too many hobbies.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I got into it back in the late 80's. Went and joined MD Fly anglers. They had a thing, stand up, say your name and what you fish for. I said "Hi, I'm Rob and is fish for bass and panfish." I got the reaction like I said I was a Child molester. Kind of quit going to meeting after that. They seemed a bit to high brow for the beer and boots boy. :D Quit when my son went fishing as a kid and never took it back up. I got Way too many hobbies.
    I left TU for the same reason. They are starved for membership and when you join a local chapter they look down their noses at everyone. Once they saw my fly tying abilities, I didn't have any problems with that, but I still got tired of the hob-snobbery.

Mar 7, 2021
    I left TU for the same reason. They are starved for membership and when you join a local chapter they look down their noses at everyone. Once they saw my fly tying abilities, I didn't have any problems with that, but I still got tired of the hob-snobbery.
    I live in Westminster and fish Morgan Run a good bit. I fish the Monocacy river even more. Lots of good spots and a 2 pound smallmouth on a 5wt is way more fun than any stocked trout! BTW I also second the post about the TFO packages from Bass Pro. I have both the 5wt and 8wt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom