• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    As I'm still looking for my first handgun, I'm focused on a striker fired handgun (no specific reason), and am currently lusting over the SS P320 as it fits my hand nicely.

After seeing the latest video on the CZ P10 however, I believe I'm going to hold off (still waiting on HQL since 11/1) until this weapon comes out as I like some of the things CZ does with the slider and trigger assy.

Is there any reason not to look towards a CZ as a first choice?

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    IMO there is no reason to discount the CZ P10 as your first handgun (yet).

If it has the ergonomics of a CZ, and a better trigger than a Glock I don't really see how you can go wrong.

Abellmio

May 17, 2011
    I'd be curious to see a reliability test of the P10. MAC is the big guy on the internet who's done a lot of 1k round tests in various different conditions (contentious though they may be) and he hasn't done a CZ yet. There was a pistol-training article a while back that said they saw a lot of CZs with parts breakages, and I'd be curious to see if the P10 is more or less reliable than the Glock or other CZs.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A guy had one at The Machine Gun Nest today, it was pre-production or something. I wasn't there but it's all over their Instagram.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd be curious to see a reliability test of the P10. MAC is the big guy on the internet who's done a lot of 1k round tests in various different conditions (contentious though they may be) and he hasn't done a CZ yet. There was a pistol-training article a while back that said they saw a lot of CZs with parts breakages, and I'd be curious to see if the P10 is more or less reliable than the Glock or other CZs.

A lot of CZ fan bois shoot matches and the only problems I've seen them have is the magazine lips get bent from dropping the mags on the ground since the mags are metal. Not sure if the P10 has polymer mags or not.

ETA: mags are metal

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    A lot of CZ fan bois shoot matches and the only problems I've seen them have is the magazine lips get bent from dropping the mags on the ground since the mags are metal. Not sure if the P10 has polymer mags or not.

ETA: mags are metal

Wouldn't that theoretically be a potential issue with *any* metal mag, though? Or is there something about the design of CZ mags that makes them more prone to this?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wouldn't that theoretically be a potential issue with *any* metal mag, though? Or is there something about the design of CZ mags that makes them more prone to this?

Def an issue for any metal mag, not just CZ. It's just that I can treat my Glock mags like a hooker in Westworld and they always function flawlessly.

Do we know the price of the P10? I may have to get one.

ETA: google says MSRP of P10 is $499, that sounds like a killer buy!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Def an issue for any metal mag, not just CZ. It's just that I can treat my Glock mags like a hooker in Westworld and they always function flawlessly.

Do we know the price of the P10? I may have to get one.

ETA: google says MSRP of P10 is $499, that sounds like a killer buy!

Production numbers and availability notwithstanding, makes you wonder if we will see the Sub2K effect and inflated prices initially.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Production numbers and availability notwithstanding, makes you wonder if we will see the Sub2K effect and inflated prices initially.

Would not surprise me, but I think KelTec is famous for not incurring debt to increase their manufacturing capacity which led to the aftermarket pricing for the S2k. Hopefully CZ is better capitalized and that situation can be avoided.

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    A guy had one at The Machine Gun Nest today, it was pre-production or something. I wasn't there but it's all over their Instagram.

I just talked with the Machine Gun Nest...very nice staff!

Plan on heading up there this weekend early for some range time...forgot to ask about the guy and his CZ p10, but the have a P 09 and Sig P320 for me to play with...

And they told me about a groupon to use for range time, only $29!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom