• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    I was wondering if anyone down here had the equipment to parkerize parts. I have an item or two that could use it. I also know nothing about the process so if doing it for a couple minor parts is unreasonable, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    Please PM me his info. Is this his business or just does it at home? I need someone that does production.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    He is the owner of a plumbing company , Nice guy that i went to high school with, he does this from his house but he has the supplies needed to do the job, he has done Garands, pistols and more. Ill Pm you his info and you can talk to him and decide if hes the guy for you.

Last edited:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have a Remington 870 shotgun that has factory Parkerizing. Personally I am not impressed with the finish. I think Cerakote or Hydrodipping would be more affective. Just my experienced opinion.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If you have a Remington police 870 or 1187 it will be parkerized.

Remington Express models are blued, just bead blasted and blued, no polish like on the Wingmaster models and higher priced shotguns.

I will be getting my 870 Cerakoted in the near future, I damn near have to store it in a barrel of oil to keep it from rusting.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    If you have a Remington police 870 or 1187 it will be parkerized.

Remington Express models are blued, just bead blasted and blued, no polish like on the Wingmaster models and higher priced shotguns.

I will be getting my 870 Cerakoted in the near future, I damn near have to store it in a barrel of oil to keep it from rusting.

I don't want to hurt your feelings sir, but, you are incorrect. I bought this Remington 870 Express from Dick's in Waldorf and it's a Parkerized 20 ga pump. If you would like to see the factory finish you are more than welcome to stop by.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I don't want to hurt your feelings sir, but, you are incorrect. I bought this Remington 870 Express from Dick's in Waldorf and it's a Parkerized 20 ga pump. If you would like to see the factory finish you are more than welcome to stop by.

Not hurting my feelings. I'm just going with what the gunsmith that has 25 years in the business told me when I had my 20 gauge express re-finished.

I told him I wanted it re-parkerized and he said it wasn't parkerized to begin with. It was bead blasted and hot blued from the factory is what he said.

It's a bit far for me to come look at but I don't care what the finish looks like, I would be interested to see if you had something from the factory saying it was parkerized though?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Not hurting my feelings. I'm just going with what the gunsmith that has 25 years in the business told me when I had my 20 gauge express re-finished.

I told him I wanted it re-parkerized and he said it wasn't parkerized to begin with. It was bead blasted and hot blued from the factory is what he said.

It's a bit far for me to come look at but I don't care what the finish looks like, I would be interested to see if you had something from the factory saying it was parkerized though?

I can assure this finish is NOT hot blued or bead blasted.

The reason I bought the gun is because it was Parkerized, which was a complete fail, but, it is Parkerized. I'll dig through my filing cabinet where I keep all of my gun documents and see if the paperwork states Parkerized or not. I don't know how well you can make out these pictures, they are old photos I have here on my computer.

I paid like $239.00 or $269.00 at Dick's for this gun about 8-10 years ago I guess. I honestly do not recall how long I have had this thing. I don't even recall what I paid for it.

Attachments

• REMINGTON 870 STEALTH CAM.jpg
      REMINGTON 870 STEALTH CAM.jpg
      41.6 KB · Views: 82
    • rem870expmag20.jpg
      rem870expmag20.jpg
      16.5 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members