• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Just got back from NRA and can confirm that they allow Tula ammo. I shot 120 rounds of 7.62x39 Tula with nobody even noticing.

Draco20

Apr 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Weekends can be bad. Over an hour sometimes. If I do shoot on weekends, I tend to get there as soon as they open before the wait gets really bad. I've taken to shooting on Mondays or Fridays to avoid the wait.

Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

If you haven't shot there before, you must take a short written range safety test first.

How is the wait on a Friday? I've been wanting to go there since a buddy lives near it, but haven't gotten the chance yet.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you get there when they open, 9 times out of 10 you'll get a lane right away. The worst I've seen it when I have gotten there around 9:30 is about 20-25 minutes.

Mondays and Fridays are the best unless you want to shoot in the evenings. I've not done that. 66 is a nightmare in the evening.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I went to the NRA range yesterday mid-afternoon after hitting the Chantilly gun show. The place was slammed. We had wanted to visit the museum, so when they quoted a 1.5-2.0 hour wait, we just went upstairs and toured the museum for about an hour and a half. When we got back, it was only another 15 mins or so. Even when we left there was still a long wait for a lane.

FWIW, it had been several years since I shot at the NRA range. They've upgraded the range equipment significantly. I really like the new target carrier system. Given the popularity of the range, I'm surprised they haven't taken more of the garage area to expand beyond the 15-16 lanes they currently have in operation.

JoeR

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I shoot there on weekends. If any of you are down my way and want a shooting buddy, let me know.

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Does anybody know if they let you shoot Golden Tiger 5.45 x 39 AK74 ammo at NRA range? They wont let me shoot it at MSAR. The box says its Steel Case, Lead Core, but it sticks to a magnet and they pulled a bullet there and wouldnt let me shoot it. They said it may be bi-metal or that the box is wrong and is steel core...I am not sure...anyone know? Thanks. Otherwise I will have 2000 rounds of it sitting and have to buy more of the expensive Hornady 5.45, which is much more expensive.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They prohibit steel core only. Other stuff is ok. They will ciut a bullet open to confirm it's not. I saw them do it a week ago.

From the web page

The 15-position NRA Range is open to the public and offers:

• All pistol calibers and rifle up to .460 Weatherby Magnum!
    • No Steel Core, No Armor Piercing, No Tracer Rounds, and Shotguns with SLUGS Only!
    • Shooting Events and Activities!
    • Shooting Distances up to 50 yards!
    • Automatic target retrieval system that allows the shooter to edge and face the target for time intervals programmed by the shooter!
    • Wheelchair Accessible!
    • A professional staff of NRA Certified Range Safety Officers!
    NRA RANGE WEB SITE

Call to get answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom