• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I think anything less than 12 people and it wouldn't be a concern at all. It's a small place but not tiny especially if people don't mind standing a little bit.

It would be more than that. Is there an outside deck or anything?

Yunus

Apr 11, 2009
    NOT trying to step on Yunus' toes, but I just spoke with a nice lady there and there's an outside patio/pavillion than can seat approx 75.

Growlers (empty) cost $5 and to fill one is $15. Cigars outside would be okay.
    No toes stepped on, probably his wife/co owner. If she said 75 outside then I believe her but in my experience that would be cramped and not alot sitting.

Im probably underselling it though, I tend to do that.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    NOT trying to step on Yunus' toes, but I just spoke with a nice lady there and there's an outside patio/pavillion than can seat approx 75.

Bah. One of those times I wish I had a free Sat.. Sounds like a great meet up.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Just got back from there

So, friendly place, kinda out there by it's lonesome...like a farm should be. There were maybe about 15 people in there about 1730 on a Friday night. I talked with Abby Casarella there; she is their events and marketing person. She said a crowd is welcome and that if we think there might be 30-40 beyond their normal business on Saturday that it would be helpful to her to have a heads up call just so she can make sure they're not short staffed at the counter. Her number on her card is 716-860-2249, or abbycasarella@gmail.com.

They have some space inside, a patio with tables and chairs and then a covered pavilion, near the patio, with picnic tables that she said they needed for increasing business. She said if that's not enough, you can walk around in the brew area.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Cigars outside ok??? :D

Lou, how many do we get at Johannson's, about 40?

If we do this August 9th as mentioned below, I'm guessing we could have at least 20 and possibly up to 40 people.

Has a date been selected or a source for grub been decided? Sounds like fun

--
    Shamr0ck

If their ok wiff having pizza ordered in, I'd say let's keep it simple and do pizza.

Someone already mentioned Saturday around 4:00.
    I'll go a step further and throw out August 9th as the date. Any other suggestions?

I think August 9th would be a bit too soon to be able to get this together and get the word out. How about Saturday August 16th at 4:00 PM as that will give us two weeks to get the word out. Beings it's so centrally located in the 4 county area, members from Howard, Carroll Frederick, and Moco can all get there with minimal average drive.

It is a bit of a drive but I might go since I've not had any of their beer. There's plenty of places to choose from around here: Jailbreak Brewing in Laurel, Heavy Seas/Clipper City in Halethorpe, Black Eyed Susan's Brewing in Columbia (might be defunct), Ellicott Mills Brewing in downtown Ellicott City, Frey's Brewing in Mt. Airy (might be way too small, pick up only), Manor Hill Brewing in Ellicott City (not open yet).

It is a bit of a drive but I might go since I've not had any of their beer. There's plenty of places to choose from around here: Jailbreak Brewing in Laurel, Heavy Seas/Clipper City in Halethorpe, Black Eyed Susan's Brewing in Columbia (might be defunct), Ellicott Mills Brewing in downtown Ellicott City, Frey's Brewing in Mt. Airy (might be way too small, pick up only), Manor Hill Brewing in Ellicott City (not open yet).

The owner is the MDS member who was posting last year about beer tastings for MDS members. I was at the facility to test his tap water last summer (right after they signed the lease). Did they ever open up? Their website and Facebook pages haven't been "active" since April and my Google Fu isn't finding anything.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=120781&highlight=beer+tasting

Ellicott Mills' Rye IPA is the best Rye I have ever had. I highly recommend any beer lover to try it.

Yunus

Apr 11, 2009
    Cigars outside ok??? :D

If we do this August 9th as mentioned below, I'm guessing we could have at least 20 and possibly up to 40 people.

If their ok wiff having pizza ordered in, I'd say let's keep it simple and do pizza.

I think August 9th would be a bit too soon to be able to get this together and get the word out. How about Saturday August 16th at 4:00 PM as that will give us two weeks to get the word out. Beings it's so centrally located in the 4 county area, members from Howard, Carroll Frederick, and Moco can all get there with minimal average drive.

I sent the owner an email asking a few questions. Did he need specific notice to host a group 20-40 in size? Is he ok with a group that size that consists of polite people that will likely be talking about firearms and political issues related to them? (I clarified we would be talking about, not bringing firearms). Also asked if outside food was allowed. I mentioned the 16th but said it was just a thought at this point with details to be worked out.
    I'll let everyone know what he says when I hear from him.

Yunus

Apr 11, 2009
    Just heard back from Tom and it's all good news. He asked that we let him know when we would be there so he can make sure enough tables are available. He is a gun owner himself and very laid back guy, he only asked that we save a slice of pizza for him :)

Yunus

Apr 11, 2009
    Perfect!

Let's pick a date and decide where we get pizza!

--
    Shamr0ck

Ilforno's is a bit of a drive because it's on the golden mile but it's also AMAZING pizza! Figure out a date/time and if I can make it, I'm happy to pickup pizza first.

Closer than that is J&P's in Springridge.

August 16th at 4pm is the suggestion I have heard so far.

/Again though, I'm new and don't know virtually anyone I don't want to be the center of the arragement as... I've been there and done that and seen the 0 participants in the past.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    There is a coal fire near wegmans too. Never had ilfornos hit I hear it is good

I live in spring ridge and don't (personally) care for JPs pizza.

--
    Shamr0ck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom