• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I've been seeing a lot of videos on youtube about walmart rifles all being put on clearance and having prices ranging from $10 ($35 rifles with $25 rebate) to $100. Has anyone ACTUALLY purchased one of these rifles? In short, does anyone have proof in MD that walfart is really clearing out rifles?

Here's the freaky part of it all: if they are in a hige hurry to clear out all the rifles, why wouldn't they jack up the price instead of lowering it? My theory is that they know something about the election outcome that they're not sharing. If Trump wins, then guns purchases and associated laws are status quo (if not improved upon drastically)

However, if Hillary wins, then I'm sure that Walfart would want to please the new ANti-Gun Overlord by not having any rifles or ammo IMMEDIATELY, HENCE the clearance prices to get rid of any trace of 2nd amendment support......

What say you?

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I've been seeing a lot of videos on youtube about walmart rifles all being put on clearance and having prices ranging from $10 ($35 rifles with $25 rebate) to $100. Has anyone ACTUALLY purchased one of these rifles? In short, does anyone have proof in MD that walfart is really clearing out rifles?

Here's the freaky part of it all: if they are in a hige hurry to clear out all the rifles, why wouldn't they jack up the price instead of lowering it? My theory is that they know something about the election outcome that they're not sharing. If Trump wins, then guns purchases and associated laws are status quo (if not improved upon drastically)

However, if Hillary wins, then I'm sure that Walfart would want to please the new ANti-Gun Overlord by not having any rifles or ammo IMMEDIATELY, HENCE the clearance prices to get rid of any trace of 2nd amendment support......

What say you?

I use to work for Wal-Mart as the dept manager in Eletrictics. At one point we needed to clean out old stock of PC. We were almost giving away PC. We started at 50% and went down. We were suppose to sell all of them in one weekend so I would reduce the price on the remaining systems still in stock by $50 every hour until they were gone. I ended up buying one of them towards the end the price just was 2 good at the time. It isn't unheard of for Wal-Mart to decide it wants to get ride of old inventory and do a huge sell off.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I've been seeing a lot of videos on youtube about walmart rifles all being put on clearance and having prices ranging from $10 ($35 rifles with $25 rebate) to $100. Has anyone ACTUALLY purchased one of these rifles? In short, does anyone have proof in MD that walfart is really clearing out rifles?

What say you?

I frequent the two in Frederick, and while I haven't seen any rifles anywhere near the $10 mark, I did pick up my Mossberg 702 Plinkster from them for $107 total earlier this year. They also carry those Hatfield single-shots in .410, 20, and 12 Gauge for $99. But no, nothing like an absolute clearance sale like you're describing. Oddly enough, they've had a lot of rimfire ammo lately, too. I'm talking .22 LR AND .22 Magnum. :o

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    This applies to the ammo only but Cockeysville WM has had plenty of CCI all week. Mini mags $9.97/100,
    Maxi mag $15.47/50, green tip $15.47/50 , CB shorts $8.87/100. Stingers $6.47/50 and SV $3.47/50 and Quiet $3.27/50

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    I believe there's a thread on here somewhere. Off the top of my head they had Ruger American rifles for $199, Marlin 1895s in 45-70 for $250 (after mail in rebate), and a few different .22, .22mag and .17 caliber guns from Marlin and Savage in the $100 or less range after a $25 mail in rebate.

hawkeye86

May 15, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I scored 1000 Winchester M-22 for $30 at the White Marsh store a month or so ago. The Savage Axis bolt rifles appear to be on sale here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I bought a Ruger American in 243 for $199 at wal mart in Frederick in Sept and 250 rounds of UMC 40 S&W ammo at a wal mart in WV for $45.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    How do you like it? That's the one I was thinking of. I'm having some shoulder issues and the lighter recoil will be nice until things get better.

I'm truly embarrassed to admit that I have not shot it yet.

I took it out on Friday and sighted it in. I am very happy with the accuracy and the trigger. I feel like I could hit nickels at 100 yards all day long. The recoil is almost like shooting a 22lr rifle - nonexistant. The included scope is ok, and although it was 'bore sighted', I couldn't get on paper until I started shooting it at 25 yards.

One thing that took some getting used to was making sure that the magazine is properly seated. A few times it wasn't and it would not pick up a round to chamber.

I'm very happy with the price to performance of this rifle. This will make an excellent coyote/varmint gun as well as a trainer for new shooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom