Any thoughts on wearing a hidden camera with audio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I thought in MD both parties needed to be aware of audio recording.
    Both parties need to consent to the recording in Maryland if there is no expectation of privacy.

I have signs in my yard for my Ring cameras saying there is audio and video recording in progress. So if anyone continues onto my property there’s no expectation of privacy (since I have the signs).

That being said, as long as you aren’t being a creep with your camera, you can record video in public all you want without audio.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Both parties need to consent to the recording in Maryland if there is no expectation of privacy.

I have signs in my yard for my Ring cameras saying there is audio and video recording in progress. So if anyone continues onto my property there’s no expectation of privacy (since I have the signs).

That being said, as long as you aren’t being a creep with your camera, you can record video in public all you want without audio.
    technically they have no expectation of privacy if they are out in public. so if they say something on say the sidewalk where your ring is pointing tough luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom