• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Really liking a few of their knives and wondering we're the local legit shops are. Apparently Theres tons of fake's out there, I see A&D pawn has a selection, are they legit? Thanks for any input.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Anything in particular? I'd personally order from knifecenter.com or amazon once you make a decision.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Thanks for the info all.
    I like the Yojimbo 2, manix 2, battlestation, and a few others(dozens). Any info on A&D, they always treat people with respect and wouldn't mind given them my business and they do have the Manix2 in stock. They look like high quality and if they are knockoffs they are incredible but I have never actually held a Spyderco to compare.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Thanks for the info all.
    I like the Yojimbo 2, manix 2, battlestation, and a few others(dozens). Any info on A&D, they always treat people with respect and wouldn't mind given them my business and they do have the Manix2 in stock. They look like high quality and if they are knockoffs they are incredible but I have never actually held a Spyderco to compare.

Go to bladeforums link, then read the second sticky. The sticky will teach you about the fakes.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Edgeworks in downtown Frederick sells them. I like A&D, just a long ride for me. I buy most of mine online from Cutlery Shoppe, http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/.

Nice ones to start with are Para Military 2, Native 5, Native, Endura, Delica, and Dragonfly. I prefer leaf blades with the forward finger notch.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Edgeworks in downtown Frederick sells them. I like A&D, just a long ride for me. I buy most of mine online from Cutlery Shoppe, http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/.

Nice ones to start with are Para Military 2, Native 5, Native, Endura, Delica, and Dragonfly. I prefer leaf blades with the forward finger notch.

Sean runs a fine shop and while I live close by, I'd readily drive to have the Oppty to hold. Knife in hand prior to purchasing.

Make a day trip out of it, stop by Lou's in Mt a Airy, go to Edgeworks and then home past engage...

---
    Shamr0ck

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You can also call a friend of mine, Bob Appleby, who owns the Classic Edge in Midlothian, VA. In addition to being the owner Bob is a lifelong knife collector and knows pretty much everything there is to know about knives. I don't know if they are open today but he is usually there. (804) 794-4256

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    You can also call a friend of mine, Bob Appleby, who owns the Classic Edge in Midlothian, VA. In addition to being the owner Bob is a lifelong knife collector and knows pretty much everything there is to know about knives. I don't know if they are open today but he is usually there. (804) 794-4256

Great news! I'm in RVA all the time and will make it a point to stop in on my next trip

---
    Shamr0ck

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Great news! I'm in RVA all the time and will make it a point to stop in on my next trip

---
    Shamr0ck

Yep, tell him Jason said hi, he'll get a chuckle. Great guy and great shop. He's in an industrial park that comes up right after the storage place on Midlothian Parkway. Huge selection. Has just about every sku in stock from all the major manufacturers, and is more than happy to spend time with customers going over the knives with them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom