Any southern Maryland guys left out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mustang69

mustang69
    Nov 6, 2011
    Great Mills MD
    Where are all my fellow southern marylanders?! Anyone out there sanners lake Members? Anyone interested in getting a sanners lake social group together? Do we have enough ppl on here to do it? :party29:

mustang69

mustang69
    Nov 6, 2011
    Great Mills MD
    I'm aware of that....I am the head of the archery range at sanners....we actually just had a members meeting last night. Were doing our best to get our "safety issues" mittigated and get back to shooting ASAP....just looking to possibly set up a social group for us active sanners members to keep in touch and possibly discuss club issues, fund raising ideas, skeet and archery events etc.....just an idea!

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Yep, I'm a member. There are a few of us on here, but we are all fealing a bit on edge lately with nowhere to shoot. We also already have MDS meet and greets about once a quarter, usually at the Ruddy Duck. It's not limited to just Sanners folks, any of the MDS members are welcome. But, now that I think about it, its mostly Sanners members.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Most of the SoMD contingient are Sanner's members.

For me its hard to find time for a social group outside of a forum or the occasional meet and greet.

Maybe when the ranges open again at Sanner's you could schedule a shoot and greet event for us to get together and throw some lead down range.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm aware of that....I am the head of the archery range at sanners....we actually just had a members meeting last night. Were doing our best to get our "safety issues" mittigated and get back to shooting ASAP....just looking to possibly set up a social group for us active sanners members to keep in touch and possibly discuss club issues, fund raising ideas, skeet and archery events etc.....just an idea!

Face-to-face group, Facebook group, or Web BB? There are ways to set up a Facebook page that is not open to the general public, that's probably the most effective method.

But I like the idea. We need a forum of some sort to keep in touch.

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    I sent in my application for membership so we will see if I get in. I miss the IDPA and HP event. A get-together would be great.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not a Sanner's member, but Calvert Co here and at MG, your best bet is a weekday, probably tues. - fri. 9 - 11 or so a.m., I don't even try on the weekends unless I can get there at 8 a.m., honest truth.

mustang69

mustang69
    Nov 6, 2011
    Great Mills MD
    As long as we keep our membership numbers strong and stay dedicated I firmly believe we will get our rifle and pistol ranges back....IDPA is what I miss most also...my father and I have been shooting at sanners for about 20 years and it's a terrible thing not to be able to shoot IDPA or high power or any of the other events......I went and checked out myrtal grove this weekend and while it is a place to shoot I would rather just go to a buddies farm and fire off some rounds without the hour wait.....recently the guy that was running the archery range at sanners took a civilian position in Afghanistan and I volunteered to take it over....at our next meeting in Jan I plan to discuss putting on some 3d shoots and try to get more events not only at the archery range but at the skeet range too....they still run skeet and 5 stand there on sundays and some wednesdays but I think it would be a good idea to bring in more events to bring in some extra funds and keep up the membership.....the range is not only important to us shooters but I can think of at least 3 or 4 businesses in st.marys that have to be loosing business without the pistol and rifle ranges.....sanners lake has been here for over 60 years and we all want it to be here for another 60....I'm going to contact our president and make sure it's ok with him to start up a Facebook page for sanners.....As soon as I get it up and running I will make an announcement via mdshooters.....I know we can get our ranges back but untill then it won't hurt to pull out the ol shotty or bust out the bow and come out and take advantage of what we still have open.....I know I will be!

wbrett1027

Mar 20, 2011
    Where are all my fellow southern marylanders?! Anyone out there sanners lake Members? Anyone interested in getting a sanners lake social group together? Do we have enough ppl on here to do it? :party29:

Im from huntingtown.
    that would be cool to get a good group together to shoot..

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Im from Calvert.
    Not a member of Sanners but my application is in from last year. I will be at Myrtle Grove on Saturday. Mostly I will be working my new 9mm upper for my p226. The secret to Myrtle Grove is to get there early. . . really early. I have been bringing my bow so when it gets packed I rotate out and shoot the bow for a while.

Im up for bow stuff at Sanners, I just picked up a bow a couple weeks ago. I haven’t shot a bow since I was little so I am trying to study up and getting together with people who know what they are doing would be great!

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    Yep, I'm a member. There are a few of us on here, but we are all fealing a bit on edge lately with nowhere to shoot.

I think my HOA is feeling on edge with me and my pellet rifle since Sanners is down right now:innocent0. I'm not doing anything illegal now, it just goes off periodically when I'm cleaning it outside and stuff. I think it's broke....

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I think my HOA is feeling on edge with me and my pellet rifle since Sanners is down right now:innocent0. I'm not doing anything illegal now, it just goes off periodically when I'm cleaning it outside and stuff. I think it's broke....

Yeah! I picked up a M&P9 replica BB Gun and have been shooting into my backyard quite a bit. I don't have to worry about any HOA business though, just whatever the county ordinances are.

mustang69

mustang69
    Nov 6, 2011
    Great Mills MD
    I just picked up a new bow too....a mathews z7 extreme. I and a few other bow shooters were able to convince our club to buy all new 4 foot by 4 foot targets. 10 of them at various distances. In January I hope to convince them to get us some 3D targets and to put on some shoots at sanners.....these 3D events Will be open not only to members, but the general public as well. Just like most of our other events we put on. I will be sure to let everyone on here know....does anyone know if there is a thread on here just for bow shooting?

Obsidian

Oct 12, 2013
    Yeah,

I'm in Great Mills too. I just registered here and am submitting my application to Sanners as well. Looking forward to meeting more shooters here in SoMD.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yeah,

I'm in Great Mills too. I just registered here and am submitting my application to Sanners as well. Looking forward to meeting more shooters here in SoMD.

Zombie thread.

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few Sanner's Lake member here, myself included. Get your application in, the waiting list is growing quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom