• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John81

Feb 7, 2012
    IM looking to get into reloading, but kind of lost and was wondering if there is anyone in northern calvert that I can watch or learn from before I make a huge investment into buying the stuff needed to start. I bought some books about it but I learn a lot better by watching or doing it in person. Any help would be appreciated I'm a very laid back guy

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    i think the guys who did some reloading "classes" were in mechanicsville - but not far.

I reload but only pistol so far so i'm really a newb

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm in Waldorf and NRA Certified to teach Metallic Cartridge and Shotgun Shell reloading if you are interested in the full class.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    yes.. reloader here..

go to the reloading part of the forum.. quite a few good threads for beginners.. if you get the equipment.. i can help you set it up.. ;)

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    IM looking to get into reloading, but kind of lost and was wondering if there is anyone in northern calvert that I can watch or learn from before I make a huge investment into buying the stuff needed to start. I bought some books about it but I learn a lot better by watching or doing it in person. Any help would be appreciated I'm a very laid back guy

I'm in Southern Calvert and willing to show you my set up if your interested.
    81? Are you HA?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm in Waldorf and NRA Certified to teach Metallic Cartridge and Shotgun Shell reloading if you are interested in the full class.

Are you authorized to give the Metallic Reloading Instructor Course and prerequisites?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yes, and there are no prerequisites.

I thought you had to take at least a generic Instructor course in addition to a specific subject in order to be certified by the NRA for teaching.

Oh, and I was told you needed to take the Metallic Reloader course in order to take the Metallic Reloader Instructor course.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I thought you had to take at least a generic Instructor course in addition to a specific subject in order to be certified by the NRA for teaching.

Oh, and I was told you needed to take the Metallic Reloader course in order to take the Metallic Reloader Instructor course.

Sorry I misread your question, I am an instructor not a training counselor. I do not teach the instructor level courses.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    he can teach courses...he cant certify people to become instructors. I think thats how it goes with NRA courses. You have to go through the basic instructor course just to teach AND the basic particular course you want to teach. Then theres a course just to teach instructors to certify new instructors...something like that

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    he can teach courses...he cant certify people to become instructors. I think thats how it goes with NRA courses. You have to go through the basic instructor course just to teach AND the basic particular course you want to teach. Then theres a course just to teach instructors to certify new instructors...something like that

LOL that's why I'm asking.

jrkirby

Aug 26, 2008
    There is a guy in charles county that is a Dillon Precison dealer, he is very helpful and has a 550b and a 650 setup in his basement for training purposes. His prices are right in line with the Dillon catalog as well

http://www.marylandreloadr.com/

I can't remeber his name at the moment, he was telling me he's had a few strokes so he's not as fast as he used to be, but the man knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom