• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I am in the market for a supressor for my AR.

I'd like to keep it under a grand (not counting stamp and tax). I have a Gemtech Blackside for my HK Tactical, which I like well enough.

What are you using and do you like it?

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I am in the market for a supressor for my AR.

I'd like to keep it under a grand (not counting stamp and tax). I have a Gemtech Blackside for my HK Tactical, which I like well enough.

What are you using and do you like it?

Ive had very good experience with the AAC M4-2000 and the Surefire FA-556however the Surefire is pretty expensive. The YHM Phantom is actually a pretty good can for the price as well.

-Andy-

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I like my AAC but have heard good things about YHM and Gemtech. The M4/2000 is pretty popular, though my next rifle suppressor will be the AAC SPR/M4 (I basically have the 7.62 version of that design).

SilencerCo is going to be selling rifle suppressors in the Spring. I am heading out to pick up a new pistol silencer from them today (NFA paper came back last week), so I hope they live up to the hype.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I chose the AAC M4/2000 - 08 for a couple of reasons. The tests on silencer research showed it to be the 2nd quietest 5.56 silencer, of the 15 tested. The quietest was the AAC SPR/M4 - 08, but only by 1.4 dB (on an AR15 w/16" barrel). The Gemtech G5 came in 6th place, and the YHM Phantom was 8th. I wanted a quick detach set up and liked the M4/2000 system more than that of the SPR/M4. The M4/2000 is just a little lighter but also 2 inches shorter. I also liked the shorter ratchet mount flash hider/mount of the M4/2000 more than the longer indexing mount of the SPR/M4. With the can off the gun, the M4/2000 mount looks better to my eye. Another reason that I did not go with the SPR/M4 is that with the back over the barrel mounting system, it will not fit onto barrels over 3/4" in diameter. A Remington 700 LTR barrel in .223 is .855" diameter. This was pointed out in the testing on silencer research. I have few bolt guns that I might want to try with a 5.56 can, so the M4/2000 was a better choice.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    M42000 .. Followed by ..................

Attachments

• IMG_2264-3.jpg
      IMG_2264-3.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 91

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I currently use a Gemtech M4-02, but have a YHM demo on the way. Those are on the lower end of the price range, but sound good. The AAC and Surefire will meter better, and to the right ears may be a little quieter, but they come at a price. If you can afford the higher end, choose one of those two and you will be pleased. If you are budget minded, I am liking YHM. They have really good customer service, and from what I have seen with the other caliber suppressors I have they are a good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom