• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Hey I was just surfing around and saw the new wather "economy" made in Germany PPX.

I like the way it looks but can't seem to find any "real" world reviews. The price isn't bad. They say MSRP is around 499, but I have seen it online and on GB for 413-425, not bad for a german made hand gun.

Just curious to see what anyone else has thought.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Hammer fired ppq? Sounds like a giant leap backwards. The bore-axis looks absurd. Should be a flippy lil'bastard. They also got rid of one of my favorite things about my p99, the magazine release paddles on the trigger guard. It is so much faster to use the p99's mag release for me than the standard button on my other guns. I'd definately just save up for a ppq with one of the best triggers on the market.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Hammer fired ppq? Sounds like a giant leap backwards. The bore-axis looks absurd. Should be a flippy lil'bastard. They also got rid of one of my favorite things about my p99, the magazine release paddles on the trigger guard. It is so much faster to use the p99's mag release for me than the standard button on my other guns. I'd definately just save up for a ppq with one of the best triggers on the market.

They also announced a gen 2 PPQ. It will have the standard push button mag release. I prefer that, and will most definitely pick up a PPQ when that version hits the shelves. I would have gotten the one with the european mag release, but given the option I prefer the button. I'd like to keep all my mag releases the same.

I don't know if they're going to discontinue the gen 1 or not. AFAIK the mag release is the only difference.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County

+1
    I bought a PPQ just before all the chaos. Love the paddle, the trigger, and everything else about it!

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah. Good luck to anyone going for a gen 2 ppq or a ppx.
    The mag release means a whole new magazine that isn't interchangeable.
    And walther mags have always been a pain in the ass to get.

Still more happy with my p99as than I ever was with the ppq.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Yeah. Good luck to anyone going for a gen 2 ppq or a ppx.
    The mag release means a whole new magazine that isn't interchangeable.
    And walther mags have always been a pain in the ass to get.

Still more happy with my p99as than I ever was with the ppq.

It doesn't HAVE to mean that. Did you read they werent interchangeable?

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    It doesn't HAVE to mean that. Did you read they werent interchangeable?

According to everything I have read. And taking a quick look at the ppq Wikipedia page, they all say that mags of the ppq m2 are not interchangeable with previous Walther guns.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    You guys have pretty much solidified my original thought that a ppq would be a better purchase. Maybe I'll find one after all the shenanigans settle down.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Not only are mags not interchangeable, but now you may have to wait a while to get a compatible holster.

I contacted comp-tac and gave them a heads up to check compatibility with the m2.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I for one am very interested in the PPX. Saw a few reviews online and they are favorable. Yeah, some don't like it 'cause of the looks, mag release, mags and it being DAO... I for one like the way it looks and the DAO is an attractive feature for me right now.

It's on my short-list. I"ll let you know how it shoots!

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Going to revive this thread and see if anybody has got their hands on either the new PPX or the new PPQ? both look really nice and the PPX is at a great price, Although it looks like its not on the roster yet ( that cluster is a whole other thread! )

Any thoughts?

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    A friend of mine bought one. We haven't gotten to shoot it yet though. The trigger feels decent just dry firing it. I think I like my PPQ trigger more though. I have a Gen 1 PPQ and confirmed that the mags are not interchangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom