Any place around where I can shoot a .50cal BMG?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marshallbrew

Jan 12, 2009
    Westminster, MD
    Baltimore City is getting boring so I'm looking for something without so many buildings.:) I've gone out to Greenridge, but they only have a 100yd. Hoping to find something longer.

Thanks,
    Matt

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Delmarva Sporting Clays near Mardela Springs on the Eastern Shore allows it and has berms all the way out to three hundred yards. They are located about ten minutes before Salsbury on the way to OC.

I think there are some private clubs that allow it closer, like St. Charles Sportsman Club used to allow it and probably still does, but you either have to be a member or be with one. THey have a 200 yard range.

And welcome to MDShooters. Have your C&R yet?

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Baltimore City is getting boring so I'm looking for something without so many buildings.:) I've gone out to Greenridge, but they only have a 100yd. Hoping to find something longer.

Thanks,
    Matt

Delmarva sporting clays will get you 50, 100, 200 & 300 yard ranges. Its a real nice place to shoot and well worth the trip. I'll be down there on the 19th. Feel free to bring the .50cal lol:party29:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Delmarva sporting clays will get you 50, 100, 200 & 300 yard ranges. Its a real nice place to shoot and well worth the trip. I'll be down there on the 19th. Feel free to bring the .50cal lol:party29:

Foiled by Novus and DD214. You guys are quick!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Thanks,
    Matt
    Shoot to 1k with us down at Quantico. You could come down this Saturday (1-17) and someone will sign you in as a guest after the club meeting. Fee would be $10.

sergey

Dec 25, 2008
    the AGC range in mariottsville allows 50 BMG on their 200 yard range, i believe that this would be closer to you than delmarva (you need a membership though)

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Yes, I shoot My M99 at AGC on the 200 and 100 yard ranges. Folks tend to get perturbed though by the muzzle blast so you have to be sort of diplomatic about it.

I still need to figure out how to become a member at Quantico.....

Kindest regards,

-Will

Marshallbrew

Jan 12, 2009
    Westminster, MD
    I thought I saw a sign for a shooting range on my way to OC. We go to OC at least once a month. I wish I could go to Quantico this Saturday, unfortunately have other plans.

Willtill, I don't have a muzzle blast problem with mine. :) I need to figure out how to become a member of Quantico as well. I'm in AACO now, but we're looking to move to St. Mary's county this year. I checked their website and unfortunately, their membership doesn't extend to DOD Contractors.

Thanks for the help everyone. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks to shoot.

Matt

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I thought I saw a sign for a shooting range on my way to OC. We go to OC at least once a month. I wish I could go to Quantico this Saturday, unfortunately have other plans.

Willtill, I don't have a muzzle blast problem with mine. :) I need to figure out how to become a member of Quantico as well. I'm in AACO now, but we're looking to move to St. Mary's county this year. I checked their website and unfortunately, their membership doesn't extend to DOD Contractors.

Thanks for the help everyone. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks to shoot.

Matt
    YOu can meet up with a whole bunch of us at once in February :)
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=13419

Marshallbrew

Jan 12, 2009
    Westminster, MD
    Looks like quite a few people are going to be there. I'll have to see if I'm doing anything that weekend... most likely I'll be over on that side of the bridge.

No, I don't have my C&R yet. I have my Maryland Collectors Status though.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Hi Ed, thanks. PM'ed ya back. Appreciate your time and answers.

Kindest Regards,

-Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom