• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    If I could find it and knew how to embed I would post the scene from terminator 2, the biker trying to rack his 1911

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If I could find it and knew how to embed I would post the scene from terminator 2, the biker trying to rack his 1911

Go to boobtube, search for what you typed that I highlighted, click share and then copy link, paste link into message.

If you want to get fancy, find the time hack in seconds where the interesting part begins, edit your post and add a colon and the number of seconds before the closing tag (right before the last open bracket).

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I've never carried because I am new to handguns but I hope I can become more comfortable by practicing carrying unchambered. I don't think leaving it at home will build the experience I need.
    Practice NOW by wearing a holster at home, with an unloaded pistol (no ammo, no mag).

You may also buy a pack of snap-caps, and practice DRY FIRE in a designated safe place (basement or garage)

After that, incorporate drawing and dry fire (snap caps, no ammo in the room)

youtube dry fire drills

--------------

You can also practice wearing an empty holster in your normal day.

dehos

Mar 23, 2024
    Glen Burnie
    Practice NOW by wearing a holster at home, with an unloaded pistol (no ammo, no mag).

You may also buy a pack of snap-caps, and practice DRY FIRE in a designated safe place (basement or garage)

After that, incorporate drawing and dry fire (snap caps, no ammo in the room)

youtube dry fire drills

--------------

You can also practice wearing an empty holster in your normal day.

Will do thanks!

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    Doesn’t say what pistol but obviously was chambered with no manual safety and upholstered exposing the trigger. Negligent homicide? If I accidentally hit her kid with my car it would be, correct?

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Doesn’t say what pistol but obviously was chambered with no manual safety and upholstered exposing the trigger. Negligent homicide? If I accidentally hit her kid with my car it would be, correct?
    I see your point but this poor lady is going through enough. No point stacking charges on top of it. Was it negligent, definitely. Does putting her in jail really serve any purpose , no. Punishment on top of punshment.

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    I see your point but this poor lady is going through enough. No point stacking charges on top of it. Was it negligent, definitely. Does putting her in jail really serve any purpose , no. Punishment on top of punshment.
    I can’t imagine the horror and guilt but this is not a good look for the 2A. Had she never been told to holster her carry firearm? It’s a miracle she hadn’t shot herself digging around in her purse. She clearly didn’t have a clue what she was doing yet carried a gun. People like this are ammo for the anti-2A crowd and invite their effort for consequences, like liability insurance for armed stupid people.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I can’t imagine the horror and guilt but this is not a good look for the 2A. Had she never been told to holster her carry firearm? It’s a miracle she hadn’t shot herself digging around in her purse. She clearly didn’t have a clue what she was doing yet carried a gun. People like this are ammo for the anti-2A crowd and invite their effort for consequences, like liability insurance for armed stupid people.
    You are correct. Unfortunately this is really a no win situation. The things you pointed out are absolutely valid. They Unfortunately are true whether or not she is prosecuted. Charging her would likely even draw more attention to the situation . I guess Im torn on this as I can definitely see both sides. Just an all around bad situation I guess .

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Horrible event. Charge her, find her guilty of manslaughter, sentence her to 'time served'. That will illustrate that she indeed committed a crime and the incident was her fault, draw attention to the need for safety, disqualify her from future firearms ownership and let her out of formal punishment because we all know she will be creating her own.

dehos

Mar 23, 2024
    Glen Burnie
    Horrible event. Charge her, find her guilty of manslaughter, sentence her to 'time served'. That will illustrate that she indeed committed a crime and the incident was her fault, draw attention to the need for safety, disqualify her from future firearms ownership and let her out of formal punishment because we all know she will be creating her own.
    I agree. No senseless suffering but some punishment for her negligence. Unless the investigation reveals otherwise.

fredthe

MDS Supporter
    Oct 18, 2023
    Bowie, MD
    I would like to save her the anguish of prosecution, but she should never be allowed to own a firearm again and what you have outlined is likely the only way to achieve that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom