• ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Buy a 1911

Then carry in Condition 1
    It's on the list. On my fat ass body it conceals a lot better than my M&P shield. Funny thing...seeing the hammer cocked does give me a bit of the willies while my striker-fired pistol (cocked) doesn't. Out is sight, out of mind I guess.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Now you are just posting to watch yourself talk.
    Muscle memory crap aside, the ISSUE with this carry is the probability of not having your hand available to cock the damn pistol, regardless of how good or bad your MUSCLE MEMORY is.

Mention muscle memory again and it will still be insignificant as to what's wrong with Israeli carry.

Israeli Carry is a very bad idea. I already mentioned the potential unavailability of the second hand in situations to cock it earlier.

Muscle memory is an important part of the practice of Israeli Carry for people who do it IMHO. You don't have to agree with me on this.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Israeli Carry is a very bad idea. I already mentioned the potential unavailability of the second hand in situations to cock it earlier.

Muscle memory is an important part of the practice of Israeli Carry for people who do it IMHO. You don't have to agree with me on this.
    Muscle memory is for everything. Or not. I have 100's of thousands of rounds with a SIG P229.
    I'm just fine with a striker fired or single action. Don't care. I'll rock either one.
    Ymmv

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Muscle memory is for everything. Or not. I have 100's of thousands of rounds with a SIG P229.
    I'm just fine with a striker fired or single action. Don't care. I'll rock either one.
    Ymmv

I don't mix hammer and striker personally, but have at it with what works for you.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Don't rock too hard.

:innocent0

LMAO. I've seen that before and it's up there with the "DEA Glock 40" guy.

The gun didn't fire until he clumsily went to pick it up and rushed that. Assuming it had a drop safety, it apparently did what it was supposed to.

What I learned: To pick up a gun, make a "mock" gun with your hand (index finger pointing straight) and keep your finger straight on the slide/frame rail while picking it up.

He didn't seem to do that.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just Saying

Screenshot_20240329-173036_Chrome.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

The kernel of spark underneath the cloud of smoke :

Yes , compulsive practicing of Israeli style will partially reduce * one * of the drawbacks , and would only be of that partial mitigation within a certain set of circumstances. Of which Condition 3 advocates greatly over estimate the likelihood of those circumstances being present.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Isn't that Condition 0?

Opps , I used a Pic of a gun without magazine inserted . Because that was the first good uncluttered picture of a recognizable concealment variation of CZ- 75 , and I didn't pay enough attention that mag was removed.

* As Shown * , the Pic illustrates Condition 4 , ie chamber empty , magazine removed.

Condition Zero would be round chambered, hammer cooked, and safety OFF .

Rarely done deliberately, but inadvertently happens , when an oversize ambitious safety gets jostled off while holstered .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom