• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allan R

Dec 22, 2023
    Baltimore
    Yep, it was my first post after introducing myself in the Newbie section. Now I'm trying to get some post count so I can do other stuff

NoRumint

Mar 2, 2013
    Crownsville
    Every refence I see aboutthe "Israeli method" begins with racking a round at presentation. Seems to add about a second to battery.
    They know a little about guns.
    What are the pros and cons?
    Your practice?
    If you're worried about accidental firing, or otherwise unsure, practice. Load and cock without a magazine, load your full mag, practice your draw, and carry for a week or two like that.
    If, after some time, you don't accidentally fire with just a click, you'll convince yourself a load in the pipe is safe.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I would would consider Israeli Carry if she asked me

And I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating matzos either

th-1289308756.jpg
    c53f4f32cb496e787c1a1fa6fc3eeccf-609439861.jpg

Nice Azz always makes go Cocked and Locked

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    If you're worried about accidental firing, or otherwise unsure, practice. Load and cock without a magazine, load your full mag, practice your draw, and carry for a week or two like that.
    If, after some time, you don't accidentally fire with just a click, you'll convince yourself a load in the pipe is safe.
    Gonna try that, thanks! My hands aren't very good after "relatively" successful surgery on both, so I've been 'taking my time' after getting my W&C last year.

Tracker12

Dec 29, 2016
    Not sure why you would do that. If you are uncomfortable with carrying a gun with a round in the chamber leave it home.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Saw this article in an email today from American hand gunner. Not trying to resurrect an argument but found it interesting.

dehos

Mar 23, 2024
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure why you would do that. If you are uncomfortable with carrying a gun with a round in the chamber leave it home.
    I've never carried because I am new to handguns but I hope I can become more comfortable by practicing carrying unchambered. I don't think leaving it at home will build the experience I need.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've never carried because I am new to handguns but I hope I can become more comfortable by practicing carrying unchambered. I don't think leaving it at home will build the experience I need.
    I'll say this again like I always say. Unload and make your gun empty and safe. Cock it. Carry it around the house, handle it, throw it down, put it in your pocket, place things in the trigger guard, etc... Do everything you can to make it go off without actually pressing the trigger. You will find that it is very difficult to do.
    This will familiarize yourself with it and help you with the confidence you need to carry it hot.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'll say this again like I always say. Unload and make your gun empty and safe. Cock it. Carry it around the house, handle it, throw it down, put it in your pocket, place things in the trigger guard, etc... Do everything you can to make it go off without actually pressing the trigger. You will find that it is very difficult to do.
    This will familiarize yourself with it and help you with the confidence you need to carry it hot.
    You are probably going to have to keep saying this for a long time...but thank you ;)

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Practice eventually becomes habit, and IMHO doing Israeli Carry is a bad idea unless you have 100% muscle memory that you're doing it when you do it. This muscle memory comes from always having done that way and never deviating from it. That's honestly very rare IMHO.

As for me: I would never Israeli Carry. Things happen too quickly and there are too many things that can go wrong in a scenario for a draw that allows for racking the slide to chamber a round. When I draw, I'm confident and practiced that my firearm is chambered every time for what I need it for.

I recommend you start carrying it empty without a magazine around your home first. You'll get over these initial jitters, but carrying with an empty chamber is a bad idea. Things happen too quickly, and I would never do it for that and many other reasons.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Practice eventually becomes habit, and IMHO doing Israeli Carry is a bad idea unless you have 100% muscle memory that you're doing it when you do it. This muscle memory comes from always having done that way and never deviating from it. That's honestly very rare IMHO.

As for me: I would never Israeli Carry. Things happen too quickly and there are too many things that can go wrong in a scenario for a draw that allows for racking the slide to chamber a round. When I draw, I'm confident and practiced that my firearm is chambered every time for what I need it for.

I recommend you start carrying it empty without a magazine around your home first. You'll get over these initial jitters, but carrying with an empty chamber is a bad idea. Things happen too quickly, and I would never do it for that and many other reasons.
    100% muscle memory for Israeli carry is not even a concern for the carry. It has zero to do with Israeli carry. The possibility of not having your support hand available to perform that "100% muscle memory" ritual IS the concern.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    100% muscle memory for Israeli carry is not even a concern for the carry. It has zero to do with Israeli carry. The possibility of not having your support hand available to perform that "100% muscle memory" ritual IS the concern.

If you haven't done Israeli Carry from the very beginning, then it absolutely is a muscle memory factor if it's a later-adopted practice.

It's the same reason I don't mix hammer and striker firearms.

Practice with one becomes habit.
    Practice with the other becomes habit.

Forget there's a decocker on the hammer-fired one because you're gaining practice/habit with the striker-fired one which doesn't have a decocker..... You know the rest.

Not good to mix practice/habits here IMHO.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you haven't done Israeli Carry from the very beginning, then it absolutely is a muscle memory factor if it's a later-adopted practice.

It's the same reason I don't mix hammer and striker firearms.

Practice with one becomes habit.
    Practice with the other becomes habit.

Forget there's a decocker on the hammer-fired one because you're gaining practice/habit with the striker-fired one which doesn't have a decocker..... You know the rest.

Not good to mix practice/habits here IMHO.
    Now you are just posting to watch yourself talk.
    Muscle memory crap aside, the ISSUE with this carry is the probability of not having your hand available to cock the damn pistol, regardless of how good or bad your MUSCLE MEMORY is.

Mention muscle memory again and it will still be insignificant as to what's wrong with Israeli carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom