• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voodoo03

Jan 23, 2014
    College Park, MD
    Every refence I see aboutthe "Israeli method" begins with racking a round at presentation. Seems to add about a second to battery.
    They know a little about guns.
    What are the pros and cons?
    Your practice?
    Kind of feels like trying to buckle your seat belt while the car accident is happening.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Always one chambered!!! Get comfortable with your EDC if you aren't comfortable having one chambered
    Just my 2 cents

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Gotta admit, that would never have occurred to me. Then again I think I've carried IWB maybe six times in my life. Everything else is on my belt.
    Yeah pancake is much more comfy.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Because you don't understand how they function.
    1704003850774.jpeg

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I was replying to BurkeM, he took your post seriously. Some people just don’t get sarcasm without you telling them it’s sarcasm, so I told him.

There are too many people who actually believe that 11 rounds in a pistol is illegal.

Bad instructors put out bad information.

(The sarc font seems to be busted again.)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was extremely nervous about carrying with one in the pipe at first but now I carry with one in the pipe and safety on. My CCW is striker fired and I cannot understand how people carry one without a safety.
    The hospitals are full of people carrying pistols with no safety.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My CCW is striker fired and I cannot understand how people carry one without a safety.
    I don't own a semi-automatic that isn't a Glock. I don't really understand the desire for external safeties.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't own a semi-automatic that isn't a Glock. I don't really understand the desire for external safeties.
    I think a lot of folks don’t understand that not all safeties need a thumb switch. Even a 1911 has a grip safety, so 2 safeties. Glock advertises 3 safeties: Trigger safety, firing pin safety, drop safety.

when I bought my P365, there isn’t a trigger safety, so I bought the model with the thumb safety. That is now in my parts bin.

As mentioned before, in a decent holster, nothing short of a freak accident is going to cause that firearm to discharge. There is no danger of discharge when drawing. The only other factor is your finger, and if you analyze your draw, it’s highly unlikely that you will get your finger on the trigger while the muzzle is pointed at you. You will be drawing with momentum toward your target.

The most dangerous action is reholstering. Since we are talking about a defensive shooting, when the smoke clears there is no need to reholster. Your gun will be on the ground when the police arrive, or if no shots fired, you can take the holster off your body, reholster, the. Put it back where it belongs.

IMG_2584.jpeg

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I carry with the hammer down on an empty chamber once in awhile when I OC :innocent0

wm_11590113-2715188795.jpg

I can also honestly say that I've been faster than Bob Munden for that last 11 years

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The hospitals are full of people carrying pistols with no safety.

Not sure where you're going with this ?

The morgues are full of people carrying pistols with them.

I do see where you're going with this , but I question it .

For decades now , Mas Ayoob has had a standing offer for anyone for a verified instance in the real world of anyone getting shot because of being on safe ( in addition to his own research ) .

Still haven't found one . The closest was a LEO attempting to impropperly trying to shoot a fleeing subject in the back , but luckily for him didn't get the shot off by fumbling with his safety .

( FWIW a couple dozen instances of GG being saved because of safety On , but that's a different discussion .)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I understand the desire for them on 1911s, but not beyond guns that are meant to be carried "cocked and locked".
    Valid of course. I guess I should have said that I don't see the desire to carry a gun which has an external safety. As always though it comes down to comfort of the shooter and their familiarity with the platform. I think some of the CZ handguns are gorgeous, but I'd likely never carry one. Too many years of Glocks to want to overcome that muscle memory.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I think a lot of folks don’t understand that not all safeties need a thumb switch. Even a 1911 has a grip safety, so 2 safeties. Glock advertises 3 safeties: Trigger safety, firing pin safety, drop safety.

when I bought my P365, there isn’t a trigger safety, so I bought the model with the thumb safety. That is now in my parts bin.

As mentioned before, in a decent holster, nothing short of a freak accident is going to cause that firearm to discharge. There is no danger of discharge when drawing. The only other factor is your finger, and if you analyze your draw, it’s highly unlikely that you will get your finger on the trigger while the muzzle is pointed at you. You will be drawing with momentum toward your target.

The most dangerous action is reholstering. Since we are talking about a defensive shooting, when the smoke clears there is no need to reholster. Your gun will be on the ground when the police arrive, or if no shots fired, you can take the holster off your body, reholster, the. Put it back where it belongs.

View attachment 447325
    What holster is that? How do you like it?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What holster is that? How do you like it?
    It’s a Versacarry. It’s very comfy and goes off and on quickly. I usually wear khakis with a tan belt to hit the clip with some spray paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom